Chapter 38

The night sky was filled with twinkling lights as we fly towards the king’s castle. Various flying creatures accompanied us whilst they held our baggage with their feet.

Every second passing by is like a torture in my chest as Gyth flew in the speed of light. He held me tightly in his arms, focused on the path ahead and not long, we reached the castle gates.

The two enormous fire-breathing dogs by the gates stepped aside in an instant upon seeing our figures. Gyth stood between them as he let his underlings pass by.

I can feel my heart out of my chest as we walk along the long path towards the doors of the castle. It was eerily quiet and dark with only the moonlight guiding our path.

I walked alongside Gyth till we reached the doors and they sprung open, revealing various demons waiting for our arrival.

My mouth dropped open in shock as they stood side by side in a long line ending at the staircase. I held my hands tightly as I prevent fear from taking over.

Although most of them had an intimidating stare in their eyes, some welcomed Gyth happily. Except the noticeably demon whose been keeping an eye of me since we came in.

I let out a sigh of relief as soon as we reached the staircase. The flock of demons immediately dispersed once we ascended the stairs, Gyth’s underlings closely following behind.

“Chevel we need to pay our respect to the king first.” Gyth said and I nodded anxiously.

Gyth’s underlings waited by the door as we went inside the throne room. It’s always the same nerve-wracking sensation I felt the last time I came here.

The room was unsurprisingly dark and deafeningly quiet. I cowered not wanting to get in contact with the same blood-painted eyes from the king.

“I see you’ve come.” A mischievous raspy voice said that certainly came from the king.

I flinched as soon as I heard his voice whilst Gyth bowed before him. I swallowed nervously, fidgeting my fingers as I followed Gyth’s gesture.

“Well then, take Gyth to his chamber and as for the mortal, take her to the slave’s quarters.” The king said and in an instant my mind was clouded with fear.

I was used to being in the same room with Gyth and now all of a sudden he’ll be away from me. Worst part is, it has to be in the castle that despises humans.

Gyth’s POV

I bowed before the king to pay my respects. Despite the fact that Lucifer seems to be fond of me, I despise him but I still have to be courteous since I want to be on the king’s good side for Chevel’s sake.

“Well then, take Gyth to his chamber and as for the human take her to the slave’s quarters.” Lucifer said and I instantly lifted my head to find the malicious smirk on his mouth.

My features couldn’t contain its anger as I glared towards the king. No wonder it seemed perfectly going with my plan.

I did specifically said that I’d accompany Chevel throughout the training but that’s all my condition, nothing else. It means that Chevel wouldn’t be next to me every time.

What a sly devil

I glanced over Chevel’s trembling state as she fixated her dilated eyes on the ground.

“May I have the task of accompanying my handmaiden to her quarters?” I asked, struggling to hide my gritting teeth.

I immediately extended my arm and held Chevel’s hand and the smirk on Lucifer’s mouth grew bigger.

“I don’t see a problem with that. Go on.” Lucifer responded unexpectedly. I wonder what mischievous plans he has on his hands.

“My gratitudes, your majesty.” I bowed as Chevel followed my gesture.

As soon as we’re out the door, Chevel’s body instantly gave up as if releasing all the built up tense.

“Chevel. I’ll make sure no one will harm you.” I said, trying to lessen her stress. She just nodded woozily as we walk towards her quarter.

Truth be told, I’m not as confident as how I talked. But there’ll always be a way.

Upon arriving at the slave’s quarter, I ordered my underlings to leave my baggage on the floor above, where my chamber will be, before they go back to my castle.

I held Chevel’s hands in mine as I warily stared at her troubled face. She shifted her gaze from the door to mine and I gave her a reassuring smile. She pressed her lips in response and drifted her gaze back to the door.

I let out a sigh knowing that this is the least she wanted to happen. I opened the door of the human quarters as I thought of possible solutions out of this situation.

A wide array of bunk beds lined till the end of the room appeared before my eyes. Humans of both genders getting ready to sleep occupied each of them. A ponderous fear instantly grew in their features as their eyes whipped towards our figures.

I sighed in disbelief upon locking my eyes on some men. Why would Lucifer let them be in the same room? I thought to myself as I closed my eyes to regain my composure.

I paced slowly forward in defeat, holding Chevel’s hand in mine as I search for an empty bed. Chevel closely walked beside me as the humans cowered as I pass by their beds.

Soon enough, I found an empty bed with folded sheets and clean pillows at the middle of the room. I glanced towards the human on the upper bunk bed as she cringed at my sight.

“Why does no one occupy the bottom bed?” I asked doubtingly.

It’s only logical to not want to have the bunk beds that are in the corner-most part of the room than the near ones. I’m being overly careful for Chevel.

The human only lowered her head in response as the others began to murmur. This strange sight made me even more curious as I turned towards the human beside the unoccupied bed.

“Do you perhaps have an idea why?” I asked, staring right through her eyes. She nodded as I noticed how she nervously swallowed the lump in her throat.

“T-that human!” She pointed out towards the girl at the upper bunk bed. I raised my brows as I drifted my gaze towards the human that didn’t gave me a response earlier.

“S-she dared talk back to a succubus the other day!” The human said chasing her breath after. Everyone in the room continued on with their whispers as the poor human held her hands against her ears.

Suddenly, I felt Chevel’s hand slid off mine as she took her baggage from my hand. She sat on the unoccupied bed and the room suddenly became deafeningly quiet.

She drifted her gaze to mine and gave me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back agreeing with her verdict as I bent down in front of her, landing a kiss on her forehead.

A/N: MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE HO HO HO 🤗🥰