Chapter 5

A/N: Hi guys! It's the first Gyth's POV and I hope you like it :D It starts from when Chevel came from the bathroom(in case you're confused) Thank you so much for all the love <3
--

Gyth’s POV

I leaned back on my chair as I check the summary document of deaths over the last month.

10,078 deaths in total and 32 from the city I’m appointed to.

I sighed heavily, throwing my hands up the air in frustration.

“Why do I need to be the one doing this?” I muttered to myself tossing the darn file to the desk.

The king appointed me as the head of the grim reapers. It is my duty to summarize the reports of all reapers that needs to be delivered to him every last day of the month.

I inhaled deeply as my eyes shifted towards the file underneath the ones I’ve thrown.

Name: Chevel Strange
Cause of death: Hit and run

I straightened my back while looking at her file. My eyes whipped at the calendar, 31st of March.

She’s the last count of death in her city.

My gaze suddenly shifted towards the motionless figure standing beside the bathroom floor.

I noticed the nightgown she’s wearing fit her perfectly, showing the notable features of her body.

“You can take your rest.” I said and proceeded to finish the summary document that I needed to submit to the king within a short time.

I organized the documents neatly after making a mess out of them, which happens every time I make the summary document.

My attention suddenly averted towards Chevel sitting at the window seat, her eyes fixated on the moon.

I can’t help but be drawn towards her beautiful silver hair. It became more captivating as the moon shone over every strand.

I was quite skeptical about telling her my name since I don't remember anything about my waking life.

Who was Gyth Maxwell?

Only my fellow reapers and the king and his familiars call me by that name. No human and lowly demons ever called me by it nor did they asked for it.

It was her, the only human who dared to ask for my name.

Not long till she drifted her eyes towards mine. I squinted my eyes, noticing that her eyes were the same color as her hair.

The uneasiness on her eyes was evident. She looked down holding her hands together, leaving me with a tinge of disappointment for not allowing me to further examine her eyes.

I stood up from my seat, making my way to sit on the bed. I continued on observing her hair after settling down.

She shifted her gaze towards my desk and shortly scanned the room in panic.

Soon, her eyes finally met mine on the bed, her hands visibly shaking.

I guess she’s terrified of me. Well, she should be.

She briefly looked away for a second, almost making my blood boil caused by the desire of wanting to savor the beauty of her eyes dyed in silver, that she's depriving me of doing so.

“W-what is it?” She stuttered.

I squinted at her sudden question as I walked slowly towards her, not taking off my gaze on her eyes.