Chapter 59

I scowled at Dante’s back as he was walking away.

“I can see you, doll.” He suddenly said making me choke in my own saliva.

“Pft.” He snickered, as he stepped into the bathroom. My mouth dropped open as I realized he was just bluffing.

I let out a sigh of frustration as I scanned around his room. It’s pretty much full of stuffs unlike Gyth’s room. It just shows that he’s been staying here for quite a while.

I stood up from my seat, wandering around his room when I came across his desk. It’s full of papers and folders just like Gyth’s back home.

I slowly paced around it, my hands brushing the edge of the desk when I noticed a picture frame facing down the desk.

I picked it up and stood it back up again obliviously and to my surprise, the figures in the picture are somewhat familiar.

Gyth is standing in the middle with an annoyed expression while Dante is standing on his right with his arm around Gyth’s neck.

What flustered me is the scarlet-haired woman smiling widely on Gyth’s left.

Lilith

The clicking sound of the bathroom door alerted me and I swiftly came rushing to the couch.

I can’t help but feel fazed as my eyes uncontrollably gave away as they anxiously blinked constantly and wandered around the room.

I gulped in the thin air as I slowly shifted my gaze towards Dante who’s standing by the bathroom door, staring right at my nervous physique with just a towel covering his bottom.

He raised his brow making my breath hitch as I began fiddling with my fingers. Every minute passing is like torture as he just stood there, watching me.

He then squinted his eyes and drifted his gaze towards the desk.

I’m dead.

“What? You thought I’d be mad about you touching my stuff?” He shrugged, approaching me and sitting comfortably beside me.

I felt uncomfortable as he is barely covered with only a towel wrapped around his bottom.

“Y-you’ve got a lot of things in here. Are you living here?” I asked, trying to draw his attention away. He became silent for a second as he stared at me in confusion.

“I’ve been summoned. And no I’m not living here.” He answered nonetheless. I let out a short sigh of relief as I released the tension in my body.

“Where do you live then?” I asked and he playfully stared at me with his hand cupping his cheek.

“Do you want to see where I live?” He asked and I almost rolled my eyes.

“I live at a castle in the east.” He said, stifling a laugh. My eyes widened, it’s the polar opposite of Gyth’s castle.

“So, you saw it?” He asked as he spread his arms widely against the couch’s backrest making me flinch nervously.

For a minute I thought I already escaped from it. I hesitantly nodded in response as he stifled a laugh.

“Good old days.” He said as he flashed his teeth with a wide smile that brightened the whole room.

I smiled absentmindedly watching him as if he’s recalling some memories. I guess the three of them were quite close in the past but I wondered what happened to make their relationship seem so different in the present.

My eyes widened in surprise as he whipped his gaze towards me all too sudden.

“What are you smiling about, doll?” He asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

“Y-you looked really happy when you reminisced.. the past.” I said, earning a raised brow from him.

“Yeah. We were pretty tight back then.” He responded, crossing his arms behind his head as he wore a stoic expression that made me even more curious of their past.

“Well it’s all in the past anyways. Things change.” He said standing up and walking towards the dressing room.

He came back wearing black sweatpants and just that. He’s still walking around shirtless. I sighed in disbelief.

“Huh? Are you hungry?” He asked and I shook my head in response. He must’ve heard me sigh.

“What?” He asked, drawing near.

“W-what?” I stuttered, avoiding his eyes as he drew closer and closer.

“You’ve been avoiding my eyes since a while ago.” He said as I caught the smirk plastered on his lips in the corner of my eye.

The silence in the room is swiftly filled with laughter when he suddenly burst out laughing, his hands holding his stomach as he collapsed on the couch.

I bit my lip calming myself as he continued to laugh hysterically.

“What are you so shy about?” He chuckled, sitting up after he calmed down.

“Well if you put some clothes on then maybe-” I blurted out without thinking.

I drifted my gaze towards Dante who’s looking at me intently with a smile on his lips.

“What was that? Go on.” He said staring at me with those expectant eyes like waves of the ocean.

“Nothing.” I murmured.

I can’t believe I talked back to a grim reaper. He really makes me come out of my shell and he seems happy about it, to say the least.

“Right.” He said, grinning to my face.

“W-what?” I scowled as he kept grinning as if he’s amused.

“Nothing.” He murmured, copying the way I said it as he once again landed a flick on my forehead.

“Why do you always do that?” I asked in pure annoyance as he laughed hysterically over again.

I sent death stares towards him while he smiled at me warmly.

My brows began to relax as I watch his features. He is looking at me intently with those ocean blue eyes as if they’re holding me hostage. I don’t get it why he always looks at me that way.

“It’s just you and me today.” He suddenly said leaning against the backrest, his eyes planted on the ceiling.

“Is that alright for you?” He asked making me stunned. I watched as his eyes went dark and the smile on his face began fading away.

For some reason, I felt my heart sunk. Behind his happy façade lies a man that I don’t know anything about.

“Yes.” I answered, forming a smile on my lips making him dart his eyes towards me in shock.