Chapter 35

I woke up quite late in the morning yet I still found Gyth beside me fast asleep. His arm is still under my head but his back is now against the bed showing his disheveled hair that's covering his long  lashes.

I turned to face him and I found myself discreetly observing his features. I grazed the bridge of his nose down to the middle groove above his upper lip.

I watched how his chest expanded and contracted and how his mouth expelled soft snores. I giggled at how peaceful and serene he is when asleep. Not to mention how pleasingly attractive he really is up close.

I snapped myself out from my thoughts just when a hand suddenly grabbed my arm and pinned me down the bed.

My eyes widened in surprise and found Gyth on top of me, his hands pinning my wrists as our legs intertwined each other’s.

I stared onto him in shock when I suddenly noticed the balls of sweat forming on his forehead with his dilated eyes and tensed body. It looked like he had a bad dream.

I took a deep breath, calming myself down as I slowly slid off my hands from his grip. His eyes were in absolute shock as they fixated onto mine.

I approached my hands to his cheeks and he suddenly flinched as if he finally grasped the situation.

My hands continued to advance towards his face and finally rested against his cheeks. I noticed how the protruding thing in his neck moved down and how his jaw suddenly tensed from my touch.

“It’s okay now.” I muttered, painting a smile on my lips while my heart is beating like a drum.

He stared at me for a moment before lifting his hands that are resting on either side of my head and proceeded to sit in front of me.

I sat alongside him as he brushed his hair backwards, wiping away the sweat that formed on his forehead.

I fixated my eyes towards him as he slowly drifted his gaze to mine. He seemed tense and hesitant for a moment as he scratched the nape of his neck.

“My apologies for what happened.” He mumbled, unable to meet my eyes for long.

I didn’t quite understood why he acted strangely but I guess he himself didn’t expected himself to react that way.

“It’s alright. We all have nightmares sometimes.” I responded.

I find it puzzling how he seems to be mortified. It’s actually the first time I’ve seen him like this as long as I remember.

“I’ve never had nightmares. It was entirely a new experience to me.” He said with a hoarse morning voice.

My mouth opened slightly in surprise upon finding out something new about him. I guess nightmares are only for those who have a lot of fears and minds that are flooded with worries but I pondered what made Gyth dream about something bad.

“What was it? Your dream..” I asked and he hesitantly shook his head.

I virtually slapped myself for being nosy. How can I just plainly ask about his nightmare? Not to mention his first one?

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry yourself about it.” He said, standing up groggily. The way he wobbled towards the door got me worried.

After having breakfast, we went back to his room together with Dicarius. It seemed like he needs to discuss something of importance with him.

I sat on the window seat as they settled themselves on the couch. Surprisingly, Gyth called out to me.

“Chevel come here.” Gyth ordered which I immediately obliged.

I took long strides towards the couch and settled myself beside Dicarius as I face Gyth.

“This is about yesterday.” He began and my eyes darted towards him instantly. He let out a long sigh before uttering his next words.

“I will be gone for a few weeks. So I want you, Dicarius, to take good care of the castle while I’m gone.” Gyth said as I tilted my head in confusion.

I was doubting myself for a second if I heard him right. I just stared at him with absolute confusion written all over my face.

“Tomorrow, gather everyone at the main hall.” Gyth said and Dicarius nodded.

“Yes sir. Is there anything more?” Dicarius asked while I kept on gaining questions in my head.

Where would he go?

Why haven't I heard about this before?

“That’s all. You’re dismissed.” Gyth said and Dicarius bowed before disappearing out the door.

I was left on the couch, wandering in space as I think about their conversation.

I shouldn’t feel bad but somehow in the back of my mind I felt slightly betrayed.

The clicking sound of the door closing made me flinch. I turned away instantly as I met Gyth’s eyes by the door.

It felt unusually hard to look him in the eyes in this kind of situation. I don’t want to be like this at all.

Why do I feel hurt?

My hands formed into fists that bore into the couch as I closed my eyes with the attempt of escaping from this situation.

In an instant, I felt the cold touch of his hand resting under my chin. I opened my eyes only to meet his evergreen ones locked onto mine.

“Chevel. I needed to tell Dicarius as soon as possible in order for him to gather everyone by the morning.” Gyth explained.

I felt a sudden pang in my chest as Gyth suddenly explained things to me. It's as if he knew my exact thoughts and feelings and I felt ashamed of myself.

Why did I have to act like a child?

“We have all night to talk.” Gyth uttered and I instantly felt embarrassed for feeling deserted.

I nodded as Gyth led me towards the window seat. He slid the curtain open revealing the vivid view of the enormous moon.

“You loved the view of the moon by the window seat didn’t you?” Gyth asked as he drifted his gaze towards the moon, his eyes gleaming with the moonlight.

My eyes widened in surprise. I didn’t knew that Gyth would’ve notice.

But as a matter of fact, I do. I really loved how the moon looks from the window seat in the late of night. I spent most of my times looking over it as I pondered with my thoughts.

The moon in the underworld is incomparable to the human world. It’s gigantic and brighter. I find it stunningly beautiful.

“Chevel.” Gyth muttered, making my gaze drift towards his eyes that gleamed like emerald beneath the moonlight.

“I’d like you to savor this moment and engrave it in your memory.” He said with wary eyes.

“You wouldn’t be able to see it for a while.” He said and that’s the queue for the pumping organ in my chest to pound anxiously as I stared at him with growing fear in my eyes.

A/N: Hi loves! how's everyone doing? ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ  I hope y'all are safe and sound!