Chapter 45

Emily slowly held her head up, flinching right after she met Gyth’s eyes. She slowly stood up and hastily run behind me soon after.

“Chevel.” Gyth said as he paced towards me whilst Emily gripped my back tightly.

“A-are you okay?” I stuttered as I gulped in the air nervously.

Gyth’s eyes were dark and hazy. For the others it’s what he normally looked like but I can tell that something is wrong. I'm not quite sure if it’s because of what Emily accidentally did or something else.

“Can we have talk?” Gyth asked locking his eyes to mine as the whole room watched over us. I nodded striding beside him as we walked out of the room.

I felt heavy just walking beside him. There’s this dark and ponderous ambience around him that’s suffocating me. He really seems to be in such a bad mood.

“G-gyth?” I asked as he suddenly stopped.

I held out my hand to reach for his back when he suddenly turned around and gently pushed me towards the wall. His hands are pinned on the wall as he leaned his face closer to mine.

My eyes found his green ones as I held my breath. They looked at mine with such wary. He suddenly lifted his right hand and slowly reached for my face. He stopped midway and dropped his hand down, instead his face draw nearer and I felt my cheeks burn up when his breath brushed my lips.

My eyes are wide in confusion as he stopped halfway. He slowly slid down his hand on the wall that are balled in fists as I panted, unaware that I’ve been holding my breath for quite some time.

There’s a short silence before I barely managed to calm the loud beating in my chest.

Our lips almost touched.

“Gyth, what’s wrong?” I asked as I reached for his hand and held them in mine. I gasped as he flinched all of a sudden.

He locked eyes with me for a second before looking away. I pressed my lips together and frowned unable to understand what is causing this to happen.

Gyth’s hand is trembling in mine.

We’ve held hands multiple times and I’m quite sure that he always held mine firmly and with utmost care. Before I could even drown in my thoughts any further, tears began to well from my eyes.

I suddenly felt heavy inside. I haven’t seen Gyth this.. how do I put it? ..weak and it worried me so much. I felt a mixture of sadness and confusion as I forced my wimpy hand to grip his trembling ones tightly.

I stood in silence, not letting go of his hand as tears continued to flow. He suddenly darted his gaze towards me, noticing the redness in my eyes.

“C-chevel?” He stuttered all of a sudden, making us both stunned and speechless. He suddenly let go of my hand and stride onto the wall in front of us, hitting it with his fist.

I flinched, frozen in place unable to utter a word as he landed yet another punch before leaning his forehead onto the wall, his knuckles bruised.

I dragged my feet as I forced myself to slowly approach Gyth. As always, I felt a sudden urge of emotions as I looked at his back. I can’t help but feel the melancholic atmosphere every time his back faced me.

Without a second thought, I slid my hands around his waist and held them tightly together as they clung around Gyth. I felt him tense up from my touch before he slid my hands off and turned towards me.

I searched for his eyes full of worry as they looked at me gloomily.

“My apologies, Chevel.” Gyth said, finally speaking up. I let out a sigh as I observed him, his tensed features finally calming down.

“Should I stay in your chamber for a little while?” I asked, his eyes finally meeting mine.

“That won’t be necessary. I’ll be fine.” He responded, a frown forming on my mouth.

“But I want to..” I mumbled absentmindedly, which caught Gyth’s attention.

“If you say so.” Gyth murmured avoiding my eyes.

My breath hitched as I covered my mouth in embarrassment upon realizing what I just said, a tinge of red filling up my cheeks.

“Are you coming?” Gyth asked, averting my attention towards him who’s already steps in front of me.

“C-coming!” I answered, hastily striding behind him.

His room is terribly lit as always. The curtains are all slid down without an ounce of light coming through.

I struggled to follow him and before I know it, I hit my toe on a hard edge. I cowered, wincing in pain as I held my toe.

“Be careful.” Gyth said, helping me to stand. He draped my arm around his neck as he sat me on his bed. I pouted, blaming him for his poorly lit room.

Silence eerily filled the dark room as we sat on his bed. I noticed how he limits our contact even lesser than how it used to be as he instantly slid off his hands that were holding mine as soon as he noticed me studying them.

I drifted my gaze towards him and found his emerald green eyes shimmering in the darkness. I inhaled deeply before deciding to take the matters in my hands.

“Gyth..” I whispered as his eyes drifted towards mine, earning his attention.

I was utterly quiet for quite a while as I gazed towards his eyes that glimmered beautifully in the dark. He raised his brow as he studied me and that was my queue to snap out of my thoughts.

I turned away, clearing my throat as I slapped my cheeks multiple times.

“Can you please tell me what’s wrong?” I asked darting my eyes back to his. It’s so hard to focus while his emerald eyes are staring right through mine.

All of a sudden, his mouth flinched upon hearing my question. I can’t help but notice how his mouth repeatedly opened without uttering a word. It’s as if he’s having doubts on whether to tell me or not.

“I promised.. that I’d always be honest with you.” I murmured, gaining his full attention.

I bit my lip having second thoughts myself. Gyth has always been the one helping me. He has always been the strong one for I was weak.

But this time, I want to be the one to help him.

“Can you do that too?” I asked looking up to him as his emerald eyes darted towards mine instantly.