Chapter 62

Chevel’s POV

“You’re back.” I said as the door sprung open and Dante coming in with a cart filled with food.

I took long strides towards him as he pushed the cart inside while I reached for the doorknob to close the door. Before I did, my eyes wandered outside and saw a human pushing a cart just like Dante’s.

“What? They bring the carts to your rooms?” I asked upon closing the door. Dante looked at me with a silly expression on his face.

“They do. But, I could control the food portions if I bring it myself.” He whispered to my ear as he pointed towards the plate full of meat, making me chuckle uncontrollably.

“How could you eat that much meat and not gain weight?” I asked out of curiosity. He then leaned closer with a smirk on his face, which became an unhealthy habit of his.

“Is that your way of saying that I have a perfectly toned body?” He said, winking at my direction. I shook my head, shrugging it off.

As time passes by, I’ve become quite comfortable with Dante. He’s not as bad as I thought. His carefree nature just sends off a nice vibe making you forget all your worries.

I strangely found myself enjoying his company.

“It’s the first time you felt so full since coming here, am I right?” He said proudly. I chuckled nodding my head.

“That’s way out of proportion. You barely ate any vegetable.” I argued while he rolled his eyes pretending not to hear me.

It wasn’t long until he’s shirtless again. I sighed in disbelief. What is it with demons and reapers being barely covered every time?

Thankfully, Gyth learned to cover himself up since he’s been living with humans for quite a long time now. Though Dicarius once told me that Gyth was also like this in the past.

“You’re actually the first woman who disliked seeing me shirtless. I’m quite baffled.” Dante said pushing the cart out of the room.

I shrugged, not surprised at his remarks anymore as I watched his back. My gaze drifted all of a sudden towards his bare back and remembered the incident that happened a while back.

“By the way Dante, how are your wings?” I asked as he closed the door.

He turned to look at me in the eyes as he leaned against the door, accentuating his toned abdomen.

“I’m surprised you’re still thinking about that, doll.” He said squinting his eyes in a flirty manner.

“Dante, I’m being serious.” I said, looking at him straight in the eyes.

His eyes all of a sudden turned dark and serious which I’m never going to be used to seeing.

“They’re fine.” He said throwing his hands in the air as he walked towards me.

“Can I see?” I asked as he settled down next to me on the couch.

He averted his attention to my eyes with a raised brow as if surprised how I kept pushing on about the matter.

“You won’t just give it up, huh.” He said letting out a long sigh as he stood up in front of me.

I noticed a tinge on his cheek as he glanced over his shoulder before spreading out his wings.

“The great Dante is.. shy?” I teased and he turned around as quickly as he could, drastically stomping towards me.

“I’m just not used to this okay?” He said, sending death stares my way. I scrunched up my nose nodding at him in a silly manner.

“I’m not used to someone worrying about me.” He mumbled under his breath to which I picked up on.

I felt a strange pang in my chest upon hearing his words. Not wanting to ruin the good atmosphere between us, I decided to tease him like he always does.

“Aww, our poor Dante.” I said stroking his head exaggeratedly, messing with his hair.

“Stop! I’m not a child.” He said ironically while acting like a child.

I giggled standing up as I lifted my head to look at his annoyed features. He’s towering over my small physique as his head is turned sideward not wanting to meet with my eyes.

“C’mon now don’t act like a child.” I said, stifling a laugh.

“For the second time, I am not-“ He firmly said as I held his arms cutting him off.

I pushed his arm lightly, turning his back towards me so I could have a better view of his wings.

I gasped as I looked at his magnificent pair of dark wings. They’re the same as Gyth’s and I can’t help myself but be amazed every time I see them.

I brushed my fingertips down his wings when he suddenly flinched.

“D-does it hurt?” I asked warily.

“Do you seriously think I won’t feel it when you seem like tickling my wings?” He said irritably with flushed cheeks. He must not be used to someone touching his wings.

“Pft.” I snickered at his remark. I’m shocked at myself at how I easily laugh when I’m with Dante. I didn’t expected him to be a fun guy to be with.

Except that I also catch glimpses of his darkness every time.

“Did you just seriously laugh?” He said in a forced intimidating way which made me chuckle even more.

“Why are you so cranky all of a sudden?” I retorted back which obviously made him snap as he was about to turn around.

“Don’t move!” I said, as I grabbed his arms to stop him from turning around. He stopped moving surprisingly as soon as I held him.

I squinted my eyes carefully looking for the grazed part of his wings. I drifted my gaze towards the bottom right edge of his wing and saw the noticeable scar mark. I frowned upon seeing the scar it left.

“It’s all healed.” I said, stepping backwards.

“I told you so.” He said, turning around crossing his arms proudly at the same time.

“It’s healed but it left a scar. You obviously didn’t cleansed it well enough.” I said, crossing my arms back.

“Whatever, miss know-it-all.” He said, pulling back his wings.

“Stop calling me names. I have my own.” I said firmly, sitting on the couch which he soon followed suit.

“That’s no fun.” He said collapsing his head on my lap as he laid down the couch.

“H-hey. Get up.” I stuttered as I feel the heat rising up my cheeks from his unexpected gesture.

“I’m tired from all your yapping, let me rest.” Dante said shutting his eyes as he comfortably hugged my thighs.

I squinted my eyes over his serene peaceful face as I cracked my knuckles.

“I said, get up.” I firmly said as I pinched his cheek upwards making him wince in pain.

A/N: Have a happy new year to you all! See you next year 😊🎆🎇