Chapter 27.1

A/N: This is a special chapter of Dante's pov since it's quite essential to the story.  Enjoy! Also 5k reads!! owo Thank you so much!! (๑→ܫ←)

Dante POV

I furrowed my brows as soon as I felt a familiar aura nearing my room.

Lilith

“What do you want?” I asked annoyingly as she opened the door of my room.

“Get me a strand of that mortal's hair.” She said without sparing a second, frustration evident in her features.

“Who?” I curiously asked.

Lilith has been obsessed with a mortal lately and I haven’t seen her like this before.

“The one Gyth is keeping.” She answered and my eyes widened.

So it’s true that he finally took in a human. I’ve known that Gyth hated how our fellow reapers act like demons towards treating humans.

They threw away the humanity left in their souls.

I stayed despite the fact that like Gyth, I despised their actions.

Gyth must’ve thought that I’ve become like them but the truth is I have this conviction that someday, somehow I could be able to save them.

“Why are you so obsessed with that human?” I asked and she sent me a deadly stare.

“Are you kidding me?! Obsessed?! She doesn’t know her place!”  She yelled with a very displeased tone.

“Just do as I say. Remember you have a debt to pay.” She said with a devilish smirk.

My jaw clenched and my hands formed into fists as I watched her walk towards the door.

“I’ll come by later to fetch it. Don’t you dare come back without it or I’ll tell the king.” She threatened before stepping out of the door. "This is the last time Lilith!" I said and she glanced over her shoulder, a smirk visible on her face before she proceeded to walk out the door.

“So much for old time’s sake.” I mumbled to myself as the door closed.

I threw myself on the couch letting out a sigh of frustration.

Lilith has me in the palm of her hands since that day from the king’s castle. She caught me helping a slave that was beaten hardly by the king.

Since that day, she used it against me. She told me that not a single word would reach the king as long as I do as she says.

I don't really give a damn care if it reaches the king I despises the most but what I'm certainly concerned about is my whole plan being sabotaged.

Truth be told, Lilith wasn’t like this in the past. She was a good friend of mine but things greatly changed. Her hatred towards humans made her seek for greater power. Now, she’s known as the finest succubus in the underworld.

An exasperated sigh escaped my throat as I picked up my cape. I glanced towards my scythe before flying out the window. I wouldn’t need it anyway.

Curse Lilith making me travel all the way to the west side of the underworld.

The reaper's castle I’m dwelling at is in the east side but wanting to end my debt to Lilith, I rushed as soon as I can.

I flew at full speed, not wanting to waste any precious minute.

When I was almost reaching the boundary of the west side, someone suddenly called out to me.

“Stop there.” Someone said with a very familiar voice, making me stop on my tracks.

I heard his wings flap, advancing towards me. I turned around discreetly and my eyes widened in surprise as I saw Gyth right in front of me.

Drat, she planned this all too well.

“Dante?” He called out, confusion visibly showing in his voice.

I haven’t seen him in a very long time but this is just not the right time for a reunion. I have some business to finish.

“Gyth.” I responded, breathing in deeply as I suppressed the guilty feeling brewing inside me.

I’m sorry Gyth. I just want to be done with Lilith.

“Look. I’ve got business in the west. I see you’re in a hurry too so we should just go our ways.” I blurted out as I turned around almost immediately.

I can’t talk to Gyth right now, fully knowing that I won’t be able to finish this errand if guilt made its way inside of me.

“Not so fast.” Gyth said and I stopped, looking behind my shoulders briefly to look at his silhouette before flying away.

Luckily, Gyth didn’t chase me. He must also have an urgent business but whatever it is, I’m certain that it’s Lilith’s doing. She wants Gyth out of the way while I do my job.

Lilith’s obsession with Gyth is growing terribly and it will someday eat her up. Before that even happens I want out of this mess.

As the view of the once abandoned castle in the west came to my vision, I immediately scanned the place looking for Gyth’s room.

It’s been a long time since I last visited this castle. It used to be an abandoned one dwelled by the elders of the underworld but I guess not much has changed to this place.

I instantly flew towards the window leading to Gyth’s room while I conceal my presence.

I made my way into the window without anyone noticing. As soon as I stepped into the room, I scanned the place and there she was, seated on the couch with her eyes glued to the ceiling.

I quietly approached her and my eyes widened upon seeing her up close.

Both her eyes and hair are silver

The kind I’ve never seen before.

My mouth opened in awe. For sure, Lilith would’ve been envy of her. Now I certainly understand why. She’s just too pleasing to look at.

There were countless myths about silver-haired and silver eyes but never have I imagined myself to see one. I never knew they actually existed.

I’ve heard strange rumors about them being the most hated specie in the underworld but what I’m curious about is why?

How could someone that looks so delicate and frail be hated?

I brushed off my thoughts as I stealth my way towards her.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't besotted by her beauty.