Chapter 6

A/N: Don't be mad please. I know I'm sorry! Covid really affected my country so much. I hope everyone stays safe during this pandemic.

--

Chevel's POV

I groaned as the rays of the sun tingled my eyes. Surely, I couldn't get an ounce of sleep after what happened last night.

I forced myself to stay awake for I was too afraid to fall asleep and see the demon all over again.

My body started trembling as I recalled the demon pinning me down, with a huge smirk on his face.

The feeling of not being able to move was a nightmare. Fortunately, Gyth woke me up before the demon could even do something else.

My gaze darted towards the bathroom door, and Gyth coming out of it with only a towel covering his lower half exposing his toned abs and apollo's belt.

I looked away immediately before he could see me gawking at his body. He then walked towards the closet, his drenched hair almost covering his eyes.

I can't help my eyes from appreciating the toned muscles of his back before he disappeared into the closet.

--

By the time I finished bathing and getting dressed, Gyth invited me for breakfast.

I scanned the dining room, as the crows are busy serving the food on the table.

I can't help but notice how long the table was yet it's just the two of us eating.

He is focused on the food on his plate whilst I was focused on watching his every movement.

I squinted, still not believing his good appearance despite him being a grim reaper.

"You haven't touched your food. Is it not to your liking?" He asked, snapping me out of my own thoughts.

I grabbed the cutlery all too sudden and gobbled up the food.

"Ofcourse I do!" I answered, finishing the last bits of my plate earning myself a raised brow.

I gently massaged my stomach, feeling the throbbing pain from eating way too fast.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked, as soon as we're out of the dining hall.

I fidgeted my fingers as I looked at him warily trying to come up with something to say.

"I was just wondering why we're the only ones eating at the table.." I said softly, as we ascend the flight of stairs.

"Well, firstly tables are for humans or any being that closely resembles one." He shrugged.

My face suddenly flushed from embarrassment. I felt dumb at the response he has given me.

He shifted his gaze towards me whilst I pressed my lips and nodded hesitantly at his direction.

As soon as we reached his room, he straightaway went to his desk. I, on the other hand, slouched myself onto the window seat feeling the tiredness from the lack of sleep.

I gazed towards him, as he furrowed his eyes looking through the documents. It wasn't long till he darted in my direction causing me to flinch.

"Thank you for last night.." I muttered as I lowered my head shyly as he raised his brow.

"Not a problem." He responded shifting his eyes back to his desk as I pressed my lips together and slowly walked towards the couch in the middle of the room.

My eyes widened with excitement as I scanned the organized bookshelves holding hundreds of books.

One particularly wooden colored book filled with beautifully ornamented roses caught my attention.

I pulled it out slowly as to not make a sound. I glanced towards Gyth to look for any signs of disapproval but he's too consumed with his files.

I delightedly stroke the embossed ornaments of the book, a smile of excitement plastered on my lips.

"You like books?" Gyth said near my neck, his minty breath brushing my earlobe sent flushes on my cheeks.

He was standing behind me, catching me off guard. I jumped away, losing grip of the book as it fell on the ground.

The fact that I didn't even notice him nor heard him moving from where he was before really terrified me as always.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered, turning around to look at him. I met his eyes for a second before lowering my head.

I can sense his brow rose, watching me carefully with arms crossed.

He sighed then bent down to pick up the book and sat on the couch.

"Chevel, I'm not mad." He said flatly and like a signal for me to sit down, he patted on the sit next to him gently, which I gladly obliged.

He flipped the book pages for a while before settling it on the coffee table.

"Chevel I'm going out for a bit." He said, darting my attention to him.

I clasped my hands together in distress as anxiety got through my veins.

He stood up from beside me, my eyes following his every move as he entered the closet.

The thought of him leaving made me feel unsafe, and to make things worse, he's leaving me in the underworld.

Just thinking of it makes my body tremble uncontrollably.

My attention averted to him the second he stepped out of the closet. He's wearing a black top with a thick coat in a slightly darker shade of black coupled with black trousers.

He shifted towards my direction almost immediately, and drifted at the sight of my noticeably shaking hands.

"Chevel.." He sighed, walking slowly towards me.

"I'll be back before dusk." He added, patting my head causing me to cower.

I knew that he was trying to calm me somehow but sadly for me, it wasn't working.

The fear I was feeling is slowly devouring me from the inside out.

"Okay.." I answered, trying to plaster a smile. Despite the horror I'm feeling, the least I could do is be a nuisance to him.

He's kind enough to let me stay here or maybe he's planning to take me away someday, either way I should behave and wait for him.

I slouched myself on the window seat as he stepped out the door. I held the pillow tightly as I could against my chest as the eerie silence filled the room.

My heart skipped a beat when a sudden knock from the door echoed through the room, causing me to jump away.

With a ton amount of fear, I walked as quietly as I could to the door.

I cautiously peeked as I opened it just enough for my eyes to see through.

"Hi there." A chirpy voice said and to my surprise it's one of the crows that's serving us food.

Dicarius

"The master asked for me to keep you company." He said cooing. I noticed the weird clicking sound he's making with his beak in between his words.

I can't help the smile forming on my lips as I led him in the room.