Chapter 50

I felt the sudden weight in my body causing me to almost lose my balance upon hearing such words.

If I understood correctly, demons will be choosing over us and furthermore, not only one demon but several demons could be choosing us.

If the demons will be switching humans every fifteen minutes, the question is how long will this span?

As if my thoughts are heard, Lilith stood up before us. “This will last for an hour.” She said.

An hour.

Mostly, four demons would be the maximum since they’ll only be given fifteen minutes but that’s only the case if they’re going to use the whole fifteen minutes.

The scary thought made me shiver and my eyes suddenly darted towards Lilith as she continued her speech. “So, you better use your time wisely.” She said with a smirk and demons began cheering like mad men.

The severity of the situation is out of my hand. I covered my mouth with my hand as I suddenly felt queasy.

“Gibberish!” Someone yelled all of a sudden from the corners of the hall and everyone’s attention shifted towards the voice.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I saw Gyth furiously striding towards the platform where Lilith and her henchmen are.

I glanced towards Lilith and her face twisted into a devilish grin. Before Gyth could even reach her, the henchmen stopped him midway. I can tell from the distance that they’re having a hard time containing Gyth as they began clinging their arms around his waist.

“Great sir, this kind of disturbance during the training is highly disallowed.” The henchman said and Gyth turned his glare from Lilith towards the henchmen.

“Remove your filthy hands or do you want me to cut them off?” Gyth taunted, his eyes dilated and dark. The two henchmen glanced towards each other and began to loosen their grip on his waist.

“Enough.” Lilith interfered and her henchmen marched back behind her.

Gyth dusted off his robe and sent Lilith a murderous glare to which she smirked in response.

Lilith provokingly paced towards Gyth and leaned next to his ear, whispering words that only them can hear.

Countless murmurs began filling the hall while my eyes are glued towards Gyth.

To my surprise, he suddenly withdraws from the platform. I looked at his emerald eyes and they’re surprisingly looking directly at mine. He took long strides across the hall, towards the sea of humans, towards me.

I felt the thumping in my chest as I watched him slowly nearing my frozen state and in a matter of seconds, he’s in front of me, staring back at my eyes.

“Gyth?” I muttered under my breath. I felt so small. I could feel the stares from the crowd.

He took my hand and suddenly passed me a small container. I was about to glance at the contents of the bottle when he closed my hand and shoved it into the pockets of my skirt.

“Trust me.” He muttered to my ear and without another word, he continued walking pass me and into the crowd.

I felt my breath getting heavier as I glanced towards the front and Lilith’s eyes met mine. She’s observing me intently and all of a sudden squinted towards my hand that’s in the pocket of my skirt.

I held my breath and slowly released the bottle. Once I did, I quickly pulled my hand and dusted off my skirt as disguise.

“We continue.” The henchman said all of a sudden and fortunately, Lilith didn’t look into the matter and sat back to her seat.

I released my breath and panted for a minute before calming down.

What could be the thing that Gyth passed on to me?

My worries had to return for later for I have a bigger predicament at hand. I must’ve missed the henchman’s speech while I was lost in thought, for the moment I brought my eyes in front, demons are starting to dash their way into the sea of humans.

I shuddered in fear as I watch them take a human one after the other. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Emily with a wary expression as a demon took her away. I switched to my side and found Vernon being targeted by a succubi.

I formed a fist with my hands and held them close to my chest when I suddenly met eyes with a humongous demon in front of me. His body is thrice as mine as well as his height and he’s covered in thick fur.

His eyes dilated horrifyingly as he pushed the humans aside to get to my figure. I held my breath and rather than shaking, I was stiff from horror when he towered in front of me.

I watched as his furred hand approached mine and before he could even grab my arm, I got pulled to my side. My breath hitched as my vision snapped towards my side and found an appealing man with long auburn hair grabbing my other arm.

I was frozen, flustered at the sudden gesture as his eyes that’s the same shade as his locks are staring right through mine. His skin is so fair that it looked as if it’s glistening in daylight. He smirked before shoving me to his side and I almost lost my footing.

“What do you think you’re doing, incubus?” The demon in front of us said.

“I grabbed her first so that means she’s mine to take, isn’t that right Mr. Lycan?” The incubus said as I cowered.

“I got my eyes on her first!” The lycan roared showing his fangs but the incubus retained his smirk.

“Are you challenging me to a fight, mere lycan?” The incubus provoked and the lycan’s eyes dilated in anger as he began charging towards the incubus.

The incubus pushed me aside, making me drop on my back as he remained firm on his foot while the lycan charges towards him.

“That’s enough.” A voice said and all of a sudden, the lycan instantly stopped in his tracks. I turned towards the figure behind the humongous lycan and found Lilith. I was overwhelmed at the amount of her authority over such monstrous demons.

She looked at my figure on the floor and back to the lycan. “What is the meaning of this?” Lilith asked stepping in between the two demons.

“Milady, I’m just getting what I saw first.” The lycan stated and Lilith drifted her eyes towards the long-haired incubus.

“It was clearly stated by the rules of this event that the first ones to grab are the ones entitled. Based on this very rule, I can say in all fairness that I was the one who got to grasp on this human’s arm first.” The incubus stated and I hate the fact that I was amazed by his eloquence.

“Lycan, sir. There are a lot of humans to choose from and I can’t disagree to the incubus if what he stated really took place.” Lilith said and the lycan disappointingly groaned before walking back to the crowd.

“Thank you, milady.” The incubus said, reaching for Lilith’s hand and planting a kiss on it.

“You better make it worth it.” Lilith said, her eyes fixated on mine.

A/N: I just want to say thank you to my constant supporter SlayerMal and to all who have been constantly voting and/or commenting Timvr2003 tealfairya REDWolF23412  ArianaHarrison023 Matildasays  howtosavealife_sw2🥺❤️
Also to all of you I might have forgot to mention, thank you very much. I just want to express my gratitude and say that I appreciate every read and comment and votes. 💕