Chapter 17

The walk back to the room was awkwardly silent. I didn’t know what I was thinking when I embraced him tightly. I was just too scared and relieved at the same time.

After I calmed down, Gyth suggested that we go back to his room to take a rest.

I glanced towards Gyth, his plain gaze focused on the path.

Once we reached his room, Gyth twisted the door handle and gestured for me to come in. Upon entering the room, I felt the weight in my body as exhaustion kicks in.

My knees suddenly gave up, as I found myself leaning against Gyth’s chest.

“Chevel..” Gyth muttered, holding my weight. I looked up to him, his figure towering over my small stature.

Suddenly, I felt my weight getting lighter as I find myself on Gyth’s arms.

He grabbed my hand and draped it over his shoulder before he wrapped his arm around the bend of my knees whilst the other supported my back.

“Gyth! I-I can walk.” I protested.

A red flush quickly filled my cheeks as I glanced toward my hand holding the nape of his neck. I turned away instantly hoping that he didn’t noticed how absurdly flushed I am.

“You’re exhausted.” Gyth insisted as he settled me on the couch and proceeded to switch on the lights.

As the lights lit the room, I had a better view of myself and I blushed upon seeing how dirty my clothes have become.

I glanced towards Gyth and unfortunately, he saw his clothes full of dust. He walked towards me and bent down with one knee making me blush at his sudden gesture.

“Can you shower on your own?” Gyth asked and my eyes widened in surprise. His question made me even more flushed.

“W-what?” I stuttered in embarrassment. The thought of it starts to swarm in my mind as I fought to push it away.

“I meant I’ll assist you in the shower but of course I won’t do what I think you’re thinking.” He said standing up with a plain look on his face. My mouth dropped open.

“I wasn’t thinking anything!” I protested, my face probably drenched with red ink from the countless shame. I stood up stomping towards the bathroom.

“Don’t be stubborn Chevel.” Gyth insisted but I already closed the door.

How can he even suggest something like that with a straight face? Or maybe I’m the one overexaggerating.

I shook the matter out of my head and cleansed every part of my body hoping that it will likewise cleanse my mind.

By the time that I finished, I put my nightgown on and opened the bathroom door.

As I was about to step out, I saw Gyth on his desk and suddenly the world is upside down.

I saw Gyth running towards me in my groggy vision as I stretched my arms to grab the bathroom door to stop myself from falling flat on my face.

Suddenly, I felt him carrying me in his arms.

“I told you so.” He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I must’ve been so exhausted and I even pushed myself to take a bath.

He walked towards his bed, settling me on the left side. I raised my brows in confusion as he picked my pillows and blanket from the window seat.

He lifted my head gently, placing a pillow under it and covered my body with the blanket. As soon as I realized what’s happening, I felt the heat rising up to my cheeks.

Being with Gyth had made me blush too much. He’s just too straightforward and emotionless at the same time.

“Gyth, I better go back to my bed.” I muttered sheepishly. I lifted my weight with my elbow but Gyth’s hands forced me down.

“You’ll sleep here tonight.” Gyth said firmly.

“B-but..” I protested ever so quickly. The thought that he might be uncomfortable with me sleeping in his bed came to mind.

I’ve given him a hard time already and the least I want to happen is for him not having a good night sleep.

“Stop with the stubbornness Chevel.” He sighed, frustration evident in his tone. I pressed my lips having second thoughts about it before nodding my head.

Gyth proceeded to lay on the right side of the bed, keeping a little distance between us as he switched the lights off.

His bed is very soft and I didn’t expect myself to feel comfortable in it. Not to mention, the lingering scent of Gyth on the bed’s sheets.

“Chevel.” Gyth whispered under his breath.

I turned to my right and met with his green eyes gleaming in the darkness of the room. They stared through me, making it hard to look away.

“I’m really sorry.” Gyth continued. My eyes drooped down recalling the horrifying image of the beast.

“No.. I understand why you did what you did.” I shook my head. It was my fault for letting fear take over me. It was my fault for letting Lilith get into my head.

It was my fault for not trusting Gyth

“In fact, I should be sorry for not telling you the truth.” I added, biting my lower lip as if it could take away the guiltiness I’m feeling.

“Don’t be. You were scared.” Gyth said. I clasped my hands bracing myself to blurt out everything at once. I can’t keep it to myself any longer.

“Gyth.. About what really happened..” I muttered.

Just then Gyth held out his hand resting it on top of my hand. I flinched in shock but stayed my hand in his cold ones.

“Shh. We’ll talk tomorrow. Get some rest.” Gyth said cutting me off.

His hand gripped mine before he lets it go.

Instantly my hand felt hot and for once I wanted to feel the coldness instead of the heat.