Chapter 9

I groaned as I turned to my other side, only to collide with a hard cold wall. I winced as I pushed my hands against the wall, intending to move away from it.

Instead, it pulled me even closer.

A soft scream left my throat after feeling the cold touch on my waist.

My eyes opened wide, greeted by a sleeping Gyth in front of me.

I froze in place, losing the ability to move away. I swallowed the lump in my throat as my gaze darted towards my hands against his chest.

I flinched, pushing him slightly away. I looked around soon after only to find myself on his bed. I tried recalling how I ended up here, but no luck.

He suddenly mumbled and my eyes whipped towards him, realizing what I had done. My chest suddenly felt tighter as his eyes sprung open.

He pushed himself up, his elbow supporting his weight as he brushed back his disheveled hair.

“You’re awake.” He said hoarsely, leaning his back against the headboard.

I nodded, lowering my head. I felt a sudden flush on my cheeks from the shameful act I did.

“Chevel..” He sighed, running the palm of his hands against his face.

“Y-yes?” I stuttered, feeling the panic oozing from my blood.

I closed my eyes as I brace myself from what’s going to happen. I slept on his bed he has all the reasons to be upset. That's what I thought.

“We fell asleep on the couch and I carried you here.” He explained as I slowly opened my eyes in realization.

Heat started to rise up my cheeks, as I slowly recalled him sleeping on my lap. I must’ve fallen asleep myself.

“I was worried the incubus would come back so I decided it’d be better for you to sleep here.” He added moments later.

My brow raised, remembering him once mentioning about incubuses.

“Incubus?” I asked curiously. He nodded, approaching me.

His arms lengthened as his hand reached for the curtain behind me, totally closing it blocking any light to come through. His breath brushed my neck shortly as he do so, goosebumps filling my skin.

I turned away immediately, hiding the tint starting to form on my cheeks as he settled back to his seat.

“They are evil spirits that takes the form of a human and seduces them in their sleep.” Gyth explained. I winced as the information dissolves in my mind.

“Their female counterpart are called succubus.” He added as he stood up from the bed.

I watched him walk towards his desk as my heart began thumping anxiously from remembering the demon pinning me down in my sleep.

“You can use the bathroom first. Breakfast will be ready in an hour.” He said and I nodded.

I walked towards the bathroom, feeling the heavy weight of my chest. I still can’t believe that such evil spirit does exist.

The thought of one leaves shiver down my spine and a constant fear resonating throughout my body.

Gyth and I sat on our usual seat during breakfast. The food never failed to amaze me. It’s like a feast everyday.

It’s the first time I felt so well rested. I feel so relieved with how things are turning out so far. Gyth has been kind to me, making me feel welcomed in his castle.

He’s treating me kindly like how he treats everyone else in here. Not to mention, how kind Dicarius and the other ones living here actually are.

After breakfast, we went back to his room with Dicarius. I sitted on the window seat as I listen to them.

“Ten forty seven at central hospital and five twenty six at Emerald Street.” Dicarius said, handling the file to Gyth. I raised a brow upon hearing the street where I used to live.

Gyth disappeared in the closet after Dicarius left. When he went out of the closet, he’s already wearing a black hooded cape with the scythe in his hand.

I stared at him for a while. It’s the exact same clothes he wore when I first met him.

“Chevel I’ve got work to do. I’ll be back at dusk.” He said, about to walk out the door when I suddenly stopped him.

“W-where are you going?” I asked nervously, not wanting to be left alone again.

I know that he’ll ask Dicarius to keep me company but it was just yesterday when Dicarius stayed with me the whole day and I happen to saw how much work he also has.

“In the human world.” He muttered. My eyes grew wide. I almost forgot that he’s a Grim Reaper. I froze as I finally understood their conversation a while ago.

This means that the time and places Dicarius mentioned a while ago are the time and place of someone’s death.

I winced at the realization that two people died today in my city, my eyes filled with fear at the moment. But upon remembering the street where I lived, I composed myself.

“C-can I come?” I stuttered. He just looked me with his brow raised as if he’s telling me how absurd that is.

“I-it’s the street where I lived. I had many friends there and I-i.. I just want to know..” I stumbled on my words as I mumbled the last ones, losing hope. There’s no chance he’ll take me.

I bit my lower lip as I lowered my head, unable to make my thoughts into words.

“Fine..” He muttered and my eyes dilated in surprise with the unexpected answer I got.

He stepped into the closet and came back with a black garment in his hands.

“Wear this.” He said as he tossed me a cape similar to his. I blushed as a hint of his smell lingered on my nose as I wore the cape.

After a short while, he led me out of the room and down a basement. It was the first time I’ve walked the path towards the basement and I didn’t like it at the very least.

It was so dark and creepy. Not to mention how it’s so oddly colder in here than the rest of the castle.

There were two old-looking wooden doors on our left and right. He twisted the door handle on the right gesturing for me to come in.

It was an ordinary looking room on the inside, the rays of the sun shining through the bare window.

I can’t help but notice the overly huge mirror covering the wall at the center of the room. He then stood in front of it and I followed him from behind.

“Don’t let go of my hand.” He said, clasping our hands together.

The sudden act made me blush excessively. The feeling of his cold hand against mine left an electrifying sensation throughout my body.

I gasped as the mirror liquified from his touch. An opening suddenly formed and he stepped in waiting for me to follow suit.

I held onto his hand tightly as I stepped inside the hole.

I looked back towards the opening where we came from but it was gone.

My hands clung to Gyth tightly, as we stood in an unfamiliar bizarre space that soon turned into a distinctively familiar place.

We’ve finally arrived.