Chapter 64

Gyth’s POV

“Alright. Let’s go home.” I said, walking towards the scarlet-colored curtains.

I pulled the curtains open and the bright rays of the sun instantly shone over us. I opened the window and the cold wind came rushing in.

I extended my hand towards her and she hesitantly took it. I crouched down, carrying her in my arms as I spread my wings and flew out in the open.

When we were somehow out of sight, I slowed down and landed on the ground. We were surrounded by tall trees which made it seemed like the sun has already set.

“Are you tired Gyth?” She asked looking at me with a worried expression.

I studied her and let out a long sigh.

“You really look exactly just like her.” I said in a disappointed tone making her flinch instantly.

“Gyth, what are you talking about?” She asked, playing innocent.

“You can stop pretending now..” I said making her take a step back.

"Lilith."

I tried to glare at her but I just can’t. Not when she’s using Chevel’s face.

“What did you do to be able to make a perfect copy of Chevel?” I asked, trying to suppress the anger brewing inside me as I took a step forward whilst she took a step back.

“That’s..” She froze, unable to utter any word.

She avoided my eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself down.

“How did you know..?” She asked, finally accepting that she’s a fish caught in the net.

“Succubus can’t be warm to the touch.” I said and she began rambling.

“I didn’t even touched you for too long! I was careful!” She snapped, arguing desperately whilst I stared at her completely unaffected.

“That’s what gave it away. You kept pulling away, but Chevel wouldn’t.” I said making her round eyes dart towards mine in shock.

“Even if I’m awfully cold.."

"She would still bury her face in my chest..” I continued as I stared back at her with longing eyes, dejected at the fact that I’m looking at Chevel’s physique when it isn’t really her.

But maybe, because my once good friend tried to deceive me.

She gnashed her teeth frustratingly as if she’s about to burst out of her madness, Her eyes restless as she bit her fingers.

“I even removed some of the doorknob’s screws-“ Disappointingly talking to herself as the words slipped out of her tongue.

Once again, she got easily carried away of her hatred.

“I.. you got it wrong-“ She stuttered between words when she realized what she blurted out.

“I know it was you who messed with the door.” I said making her eyes brim with tears but like the proud woman she is, she held back the tears and let anger rule over her.

Her hands balled into fists as her eyes dilated. She snapped.

“That’s right! I made sure the doorknob is busted so that the cold wind would come in and you wouldn’t doubt it even if I was cold to the touch!” She blurted out, panting soon after.

“But there’s nothing that I’ve done to make you doubt!” She said, gripping my arms tightly as if she’s desperately hanging onto her life.

I stared at her with disheartened eyes, blaming myself for the monster that kept on growing inside her. If only we didn’t left her in that rotten castle for too long.

“That’s right. You had me absolutely in your fingers.” I confessed in all honesty.

I never really doubted her. She’s the best succubus in the entire underworld after all. But as time passed by, I noticed the tiny bits that really differ their personalities.

Or maybe because, the thing in my chest just knows.

“T-then how?” She asked with a mixture of confusion and frustration in her eyes.

I stared at her for a while when she suddenly released her grip on my arms and took a step back, covering her mouth.

“No..” She said with frightened eyes.

“It was the h-hug? That short hug you gave me when you saw me at your door?” She asked in disbelief.

Upon seeing Chevel’s physique by my door, I hastily run towards her and engulfed her in my arms but she pulled away almost immediately. It was brief but I somehow felt the abnormally low temperature in her touch.

“That’s one.” I responded making her flinch.

She stared at me in disbelief as she shook her head in denial.

“Everything you did just doesn’t fit into the puzzle. They didn’t sit well enough. Especially that last thing you suggested.” I said while she just stared back at me dumbfounded.

“Chevel wouldn’t just suggest to go home knowing fully well that we’d face Lucifer’s wrath.” I added as a long sigh escaped my throat.

“I even thought that maybe Dante let Chevel spend the day with me as if his way of paying back everything.” I said, staring right through her eyes.

“But after I put it all together, I came up with the answer I least believed to be true.” I said with saddened eyes as I look at her mask fading away slowly.

“I commend you for your great acting, Lilith. But this is it.” I said full of regret of what has become of us.

“You’re the greatest succubus. I never had a doubt that you could do something like this in broad daylight but I’m truly disappointed in you.” I said and her silver hair slowly got painted with bloody scarlet ink.

“I don’t care whatever you did to be able to do this grand scheme but I swear to god, if ever there is one, if you ever touch Chevel ever again-“ I said, chasing my breath as the happy memories of when we were still good friends flashed back in my mind.

“I’ll forget that I ever knew you.” I muttered and tears began flooding down her face.

I looked at her as her hair completely turned to scarlet and her eyes painted into dark hazel. And for the first time in such a long time, I gazed at the vulnerable but intelligent girl named Lilith I once knew as she cried her heart out in front of me.

I felt a pang in my chest as I saw her cry.

But she’s not the same Lilith I knew anymore.

--

A/N: How y'all doing? I hope you're all doing good or better! What? Me? I'm a slave to my job like we all are ᐠ( ᐛ )ᐟ  Kidding aside (or maybe not c:) apologies for inconsistent updates and thank you all for reading, voting, commenting, and adding my story to your reading lists.

P.S. I may not be able to respond to you all, but whenever I have a sec from my busy schedule and see my wattpad notifs, it gives me a bright smile and a pat in the back. So let me give y'all a pat in the back as well as a smile (ꈍᴗꈍ)

*Pats your back and forces you to smile. Why aren't you smiling?! (┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

Psh that was quite long. See y'all next chapter ┗(ᐖ )┓