Chapter 66

Gyth took me back to my chamber after we talked about how my day went. For some reason, I minimized talking about Dante since he had been persistently annoyed whenever I did so, which was definitely hard because I was with Dante the whole day.

It was quite hard for me to act normal with him after his sudden gesture. I always felt hot whenever the thought came into my mind, even though he pulled back before both of our lips could even fully touch.

Vernon and Emily on the other hand filled me in with how theirs went and I was surprised at their unexpected stories. They weren’t harmed nor do they have any visible wounds, which made me felt relieved. I guess there are not so bad demons after all.

“But tell us yours! I heard that the blonde reaper snatched you from Lady Lilith’s henchman.” Emily said nudging me playfully.

“It’s the talk of the castle.” Vernon murmured, rolling his eyes annoyingly.

I sighed, shaking my head. “You two seriously, don’t make such a big deal about it.” I said but I spilled everything anyway to which Emily continuously giggled whilst Vernon is annoyed the whole time.

The days and nights seemed to went by in a blur and our training period came to an end.

As I tuck myself to sleep, everything came swarming in my mind. It was quite hard remembering the mental and physical torture we went through, which, me and my friends were fortunate enough to pass through the latter without any harm. It's all thanks to the succubus and incubus we met that Emily and Vernon are unharmed and it's all thanks to Dante that I'm safe.

But also, it never left my mind the countless humans I shared the slave's quarter with, that are now gone. And the demon responsible for it all is suddenly gone without a trace.

I thought to myself, I would've never survived all of these without the reapers and people that were with me through it all.

And with that thought lingering in my mind, one reaper has always been in my mind.

I slowly opened my eyes and I squinted as the rays of the sun tingled through my eyelids. It's morning. I must've fell asleep.

I stretched out my arms as I rolled myself out of the bed, feeling quite enthusiastic. It is the morning of our ceremony.

During the early morning, our information got listed into the castle’s archives. I uneasily sat in front of a demon behind the desk as she stared at me from head to toe. She pulled out a folder and began checking my identity.

“Alright. Check the upper section for any errors and we’re done.” She said handing me the folder from her hands.

I took it from her and I smiled upon seeing Gyth’s name and signature. My eyes drifted below Gyth’s name and my mouth gaped open upon seeing Dante’s name.

Name: Chevel Strange
Kind: Human
Cause of death: Vehicle accident
Date vested: September 5, 2020
Appointed to:
Gyth Maxwell – Grim Reaper

Dante Hearth – Grim Reaper

“Excuse me? Mind if I ask why I’m appointed to two reapers?” I asked, feeling the pressure in my chest. It’s not that I don’t want to be appointed to Dante but I just can’t imagine myself being away from Gyth.

“Ah right. You were all appointed to those who chose you during the physical training since we had a sudden change of plans within a short amount of time because Lilith suddenly backed out.” She explained rolling her eyes at the mention of Lilith’s name.

“But.” She said, looking over my folder. “You are already appointed to someone beforehand so something like this was bound to happen. Nonetheless, it’s the choice of the reapers you’re assigned with.” She said and I just stared at her dumbfounded as numerous thoughts of Gyth and Dante’s future quarrels swarmed in my mind.

“Is there anything else?” She asked when I wasn’t uttering any word.

“N-no, thank you.” I shook my head in response as she gestured her hand towards the door and that was my queue to leave.

I sighed for like endless amounts of time as I walk back to our quarter. There I found Emily sitting on my bed with a black garment on her hands.

“Here is yours.” She said handing me a similar looking one with my name written on a small cloth pinned on the black garment.

Instead of our usual clothes, we wore a specially handmade black dress that covered our arms to our knees whilst the men wore black trousers and a formal top. It was kind of disturbing thinking that they’d dress humans elegantly just to be treated badly afterwards.

We lined up next to our beds after we changed into the clothes and the henchmen by the door handed us a black cape on our right arm before we step out of the room.

The main hall is unusually badly lit with the curtains fully closed. I noticed how they changed them into thick velvet ones in the shade of black. Nonetheless, the wall lamps and the shiny chandeliers on the ceiling gave a grand vibe to the hall.

I raised my heels off the ground as I squinted my eyes towards the elevated floor to the front and surprisingly found Gyth sitting next to a huge bejeweled chair. My breathing became heavier as I stared at his immensely unbelievable features.

It’s my first time seeing his hair pulled back accentuating his brow ridge and majestic emerald eyes. He is wearing a black tuxedo and he seemed uncomfortable with all the eyes watching him. I can’t blame them, he absolutely looks magnificent today.

I watched him as he scanned the hall intensely and once he found my eyes, his tensed features began to calmly subside. He nodded and I smiled as I stared right through his emerald ones.

I glanced towards the other side and my breath hitched upon seeing Dante who’s already looking straight to my eyes. His gaze was intense as if huge waves are approaching me from his ocean blue eyes.

He’s wearing a black tuxedo just like Gyth but his is roughly done. The buttons are undone and the white dress shirt beneath isn’t buttoned up to his neck, revealing his toned upper chest.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, shaking my head before any unwanted thoughts come to mind. I uneasily put a smile on which he surprisingly gave back and I noticed instantly how the women on the front are gawking before his sight.

All of a sudden, the wall lamps were turned off leaving the room dim with just the huge shiny chandeliers lighting the whole place.

Everyone’s attention averted towards the front when Gyth and Dante suddenly stood up from their seats and glanced towards the far end to their right.

All eyes followed suit and lo and behold, with mighty henchmen by his side comes the absolute ruler of the underworld.
--

A/N: Thank you for reading, voting, commenting ❤️ You're all making my pumping organ feel squishy squishy 🤧 The f am I saying.. Anyways, I hope you're all having a wonderful day! ( ˘ ³˘)💞