Chapter 20

The surreal feeling of being up in the air and being one with the wind is immensely indescribable. It’s something that I’ve never even imagined happening.

It seems more like a dream when I felt  the wind brushing against my skin. I looked at Gyth’s face and somehow, his features tell me that he’s enjoying this moment too.

It’s rare to see Gyth's features so light and relaxed because most of the times, his face held a deadpan expression. But today is one of those days that his face looked brighter.

I gazed back towards the castle that’s almost out of sight and into the vast trees below us. My eyes gleamed upon seeing a village beyond the trees. I looked over to Gyth as a smile formed my lips.

Gyth suddenly slowed his pace and carefully landed on the ground. I slid my hands off his neck and turned around to get a better view of the village. My heart started to pound fast with excitement.

As soon as we stepped foot into the village, the people in the area looked pretty odd. They were looking at us intently, watching our every move. I flinched upon seeing a man with horns and that’s when it finally sinks in.

I pinched Gyth’s garment and his attention averted to me. He looked at me with wondering eyes and finally held my hand.

“If you’re wondering, they’re demons.” Gyth said. I pressed my lips and nodded.

Demons pretty much look like humans but with extra features. Some has horns, some has tails, or both. Some pretty much look like humans that it’s hard to tell any difference.

“Hey! It’s the favored grim reaper!” A man yelled and soon demons started to flock around us.

I started to panic, and immediately held tightly onto Gyth. He must’ve noticed my trembling stature as he held me in between his arms.

“How have you been young man?” An old lady asked. I flinched as I saw how long and noticeably sharp her nails are.

“I’m doing good Lara.” Gyth responded as we paced slowly through the crowd.

“Ooh. Who’s this lovely lady?” She asked, turning her gaze to mine. I pressed my lips upon lowering my head, feeling the intense gaze everyone has been giving me.

“Her name is Chevel.” Gyth responded in the most normal way possible. I was intrigued of how these demons seemed pretty normal looking humans.

“They’re nice. I’ve been regularly visiting this village.” Gyth explained as an uneasy smile formed my lips.

My nervousness began to fade away and I started making conversations with the old lady.

“Where to today Mr. Grim?” A little boy suddenly asked. He is wearing suspenders and he’s the cutest little demon with small horns and a little devil tail.

I bent down to his eye level with my eyes gleaming in excitement. He crossed his arms and squinted his eyes at my gesture.

“Aww, what a cute little boy.” I said patting his head as he scrunch up his nose in disapproval.

“Mr. Grim! Tell your lover that I’m a grown man!” The little boy said making me blush. Gyth suddenly shifted his gaze to me with a confused expression.

“You’re a big man Ezreal. That’s why you’re going to accompany us to the tailor.” Gyth said playing along whilst Ezreal’s eyes lit up.

I can’t believe how he just shrugged the fact that the kid called me his lover. Yet again, I’ve known for a while that Gyth is pretty stoic.

The demons flocking around us, slowly subsided and went back to their homes. There were numerous houses built in stones as we walked towards the tailor.

“Here we are. Enjoy!” Ezreal said proudly. I patted his head, thanking him and I can’t help but giggle as I saw a tint of flush on his cheeks.

“Well then!” He said running away.

I shifted my eyes back to the plain looking house in front of us. It looked like an ordinary house outside but once we came in, dozens of dresses and different kinds of garments are sitting on racks.

I gasped as I scanned the variety of clothes hanging all around the room. I looked at Gyth and noticed how he was watching me intently. I lowered my head trying to contain the excitement that I was feeling.

“Well, if it isn’t the good looking reaper.” An old lady said sitting on the corner of the room.

“Lola. How are you?” Gyth said approaching the old lady. I followed soon after, keeping a small distance behind him.

“The usual?” The old lady asked and Gyth shook his head.

“Actually, it’s for her.” Gyth said turning towards me. The old lady looked at me from head to toe whilst squinting her eyes. I felt chills all over my body as she observed me.

“Ahh. Yes of course. Come here, dear.” Lola said. She stood me in a circular platform and started measuring my shoulders down to my legs.

“Chevel, I’ll be right back.” Gyth whispered in my ear. I was about to tug his shirt when Lola straightened my body.

“Don’t give the old lady a hard time. Stay put.” Lola said. I frowned as Gyth disappeared to the door.

Once Lola finished measuring me, I slouched myself on the waiting area. I felt tired even just from standing.

Lola was very meticulous. She would start over if I ever made the slightest of movements. When she measured my chest, she even made sure that I stopped my breathing.

My eyes lit up all of a sudden as soon as I heard the door and Gyth stepping in. I darted towards his hand and noticed a rectangular box. He walked towards me and I spotted the sudden gleam in his eyes.

“Done with the measurements?” Gyth asked.

I nodded, letting out a huge sigh. He chuckled as he bent down in front of me, settling the box on the flooring.

“Lola can be very strict, but wait till you wear her clothes you’ll be amazed.” Gyth said and I smiled.

I flinched almost immediately when I felt his touch on my ankle. I looked at him with utter confusion whilst he shifted his gaze to mine and gave me a reassuring look.

I just watched him with extreme embarrassment as he removed my shoes, my cheeks obviously flushed.

Seeing Gyth so relaxed is such a rare occasion that even though I felt uncomfortable, I let him continue with what he’s doing.

What totally caught me off guard was when he opened the box and proceeded to wear it on my feet.

I gasped as they fit me perfectly. My eyes gleamed in excitement as I stared over to Gyth unable to utter a word.

They are the most adorable and prettiest shoes I’ve ever seen. They’re dominantly black-leathered sneakers ornamented with red roses on each side.

“Gyth this is too much.” I said , snapping out from the sudden shock.

“You deserve it Chevel.” Gyth said, placing my old shoes into the box before settling beside me.

“Gyth.. Thank you. I don’t know how to make it up to you.” I said turning to face Gyth, his evergreen eyes staring right through mine.

“You already are.” He said and I can’t help the entire new happiness brimming inside me as I enclasped Gyth in my arms.

A/N: Thank ya'll for reading my story! 😍❤️ Please do vote & comment your thoughts! Stay safe always loves ❤️