Chapter 21

I felt Gyth’s cold skin brushing with mine. I’m just very thankful to him. The sky just turned dark and he still has something to show me but even now, I already felt too ecstatic.

“Ehem.” A voice cleared his throat, making me withdraw from the embrace. Gyth and I both looked up to see Lola standing in front of us with bags on her hands.

“Here are your clothes.” Lola said handing the bags over to us. I can’t help but blush as she squinted her eyes as if she’s judging me.

“Thank you Lola.” Gyth said and I thanked her right after.

I gasped as I fitted the clothes one by one and they fit me so perfectly. The details and the fabric used are very sophisticated.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror and I can’t help but frown, thinking about how such clothes will ever look good on mine.

“Chevel? Are you done?” Gyth said as I wore a flowing dress that sits just above my knee. It has thin straps wrapping my shoulders and has the shade of the ocean.

I walked out the dressing room and observed how Gyth and Lola will react. The dress looked too good for me.

“You look gorgeous dear.” Lola said, making me shy.

I turned my gaze towards Gyth that’s still observing the dress. I can’t help but flush as he gazed towards my shoulder down to my knees.

“You look amazing.” Gyth said, making me flush even more. It didn’t even surprised me how he said those words with a straight face.

Gyth shifted his gaze towards his wristwatch and turned to take the bags from my hands.

“We’ve got to go. We still have somewhere to go.” Gyth said. I nodded feeling the intense excitement oozing inside me. I wondered what could it be.

“Lola thank you as always. I’ll ask Dicarius to send in the payment.” Gyth said, gesturing me towards the door. I thanked Lola and said goodbye to her as we walked out of her shop.

The cold breeze suddenly blew against my skin sending shivers all over my body. I crossed my arms and rubbed them with my hands. Soon enough, Gyth wrapped his coat over my shoulders.

“Won’t you get cold?” I asked, seeing how he’s left with a thin garment.

“I’m used to it.” Gyth said, as we walked past the stone-built houses.

I glanced towards the bags on Gyth’s hands. I was surprised that he bought me tailored clothes. I frowned, thinking that they would be much more expensive than ready made ones.

“Are you sure I can keep all of those?” I asked Gyth, shifting my gaze towards the multiple bags on his hands.

He bought too many tailored clothes and I thought that I wouldn’t be able to wear them all since I’m not going out his castle often.

“Of course. These are all for you Chevel.” Gyth said as I breathe in deeply. I don’t even know how to thank him enough.

The night is still long and I can’t help but look forward to what exciting things I’ll see as the night goes on.

The moon is up on the dark sky as we reached the end of the village.

“Hold my hand.” Gyth said extending his arms. I held his hand and he turned towards the narrow path on our right, away from the path we were supposed to be taking.

The path was dark and steep with only the moon shining our way. I held Gyth’s hand tightly, not wanting to fall behind.

“Be careful.” Gyth said, lifting my hands so I could step over a huge rock.

“We’re here.” Gyth said, as we got over the last rocky path. My eyes scanned the place and I couldn’t see much because of how dark it really is.

Soon enough, Gyth settled us both on what seems to be huge rocks. I sat next to him as I stared at his emerald eyes gleaming in the dark.

“Five more minutes.” He said glancing over his watch.

My chest suddenly began thumping nervously as we waited in silence. I have absolutely no idea what’s going to happen.

“Chevel look up the sky.” Gyth said all of a sudden and I instantly shifted my gaze towards the night sky. I gripped Gyth’s coat as I braced myself of what’s going to happen.

Suddenly twinkling lights started to fill the sky. I gasped as the night sky was suddenly filled with millions of stars as far as the eye can see.

They surrounded the huge moon as they twinkled as if they’re dancing around. I've never seen such a beautiful night sky before.

I turned my gaze towards Gyth who was already staring at me.

“Gyth. This is.. This is amazing.” I said, unable to describe in words how beautiful it really is.

Gyth nodded and I noticed how the twinkling stars shone all over the dark place we’re seated in.

I stood up, Gyth following soon after as I scanned the whole place. Trees surrounded the place but the grass seemed like it’s perfectly trimmed. My eyes gleamed as I saw a pond.

I turned towards Gyth and he led me towards the pond.

“Come here.” Gyth said, reaching out his hand, which I gladly accepted. He led me towards the arched bridge over the pond.

As we reached the peak of the bridge, my mouth dropped in awe upon seeing the reflection of the moon and the twinkling stars on the water.

“This is the place I was talking about.” Gyth said as I shifted my gaze towards him.

“It's so beautiful.” I said in complete excitement.

It was so magical and stunningly beautiful that I didn’t notice my mouth hanging low.

It was almost like a fairytale. It’s just so surreal how the moon and the stars lit up the dark place. Not to mention, how their reflection gleamed on the pond.

“Gyth!” I called out to him, not knowing what to say. Everything is just so amazing. I just looked at him with an ecstatic expression on my face.

“I’m glad you liked it.” Gyth said, patting my head as I smiled widely in euphoria.