Chapter 40

Gyth’s POV

The sun rose up quite slowly the next day as I covered my eyes with my arm. I sat up groggily from the lack of sleep whilst my mind wondered over to Chevel.

I forced myself up and grabbed the robe hanging from the tree rack and hastily stepped out of the room. I wore the robe as I took long strides towards the slave’s quarters.

The guard standing in front of the door flinched upon my presence and stepped aside with a bow. I sprung the doors open and terrified eyes welcomed me.

I scanned the room and a smile formed on my lips as my eyes landed on Chevel’s. She stood up from her bed and hesitantly walked towards me with everyone's eyes watching her intently.

“How have you been?” I asked as she made her way in front of me. She fiddled her fingers in front of her chest as her silver eyes drifted towards mine.

“I made a friend.” She said hesitantly with a soft voice.

She turned her head slowly whilst her silver hair flowed through her back. I followed her eyes as it came to a halt on the bed just above hers.

I squinted my eyes towards the woman on the bed above Chevel’s. Her hair is dark as well as her eyes. She flinched almost immediately upon locking eyes with mine.

“I see.” I responded, patting Chevel’s head.

It wasn’t long until I heard the clicking of heels followed by the stomps of shoes as I turned towards the door.

My eyes glared instantly towards the figure standing on the door.

“Look who’s here early in the morning.” Lilith gleamed running towards me. She stopped on her tracks as I held up my hands before she could even cling onto mine.

“What are you doing here?” I asked forcing myself to calm down as I felt Chevel cower behind me.

How dare she to show her face after I’ve told her she’d be as good as dead the moment she shows herself in front of me again.

Yet again, I don’t want to make a scene in front of these humans.

“Oh you haven’t heard? I’ll handle the slave’s training this time.” She said as she twisted her lips mischievously.

My eyes dilated upon hearing her words as I felt the rush in my blood. I felt Chevel flinch behind me as I let the anger consume me and everything became dark. In a split second, my hand instantly found Lilith’s neck.

“Who made such changes?!” I asked furrowing my brows as my hand involuntarily gripped her neck. I felt two strong arms trying to stop me but I was almost out of control.

“T-the king.. the king!” She cried out of her lungs as I felt Chevel’s hands tugging against my robe.

I let go of Lilith and found her two henchmen holding both of my arms. They immediately let me go and I turned towards Chevel. The look of terror is planted on the humans as my eyes wandered the room.

I failed to contain my anger.

I gently grabbed Chevel’s wrist and led her out the room as Lilith desperately chased her breath on the floor.

I pushed the doors to my chamber and sat Chevel on my bed.

“Wait here.” I said immediately turning around when I suddenly felt her warm touch.

“W-where are you going?” She asked as my eyes gaze towards her hand that’s firmly holding mine.

“Lucifer.” I answered drifting my eyes back to her silver ones.

Her skin softly caressed against mine as she slowly let go of my hand. She cowered, her eyes on the floor as I clasped my hand into a fist desperately trapping her warmth in my palm.

“Can you not go?” She asked with determined eyes. I was taken aback for a moment before coming back to my senses.

“Is something the matter?” I asked kneeling before her. I raised my brow in confusion as I noticed her flush upon my gesture.

“You don’t have to argue with the king. I’ll be fine.” She said hesitantly.

I sighed, standing up. She figured I’d only argue with the king. Well, that’s where most of our conversations go anyway.

“I wouldn’t let Lilith get near you again.” I said firmly, crossing my arms. Her eyes wandered elsewhere as I fixated mine on hers.

“You’re here. Nothing bad will happen.” She insisted.

“I was in my own castle and it still happened.” I said, my hands forming into fists.

The thought of what Chevel had gone through because of Lilith flashes back in my mind. I can feel the intense anger in my veins when the warm sensation suddenly covered my cold one.

My eyes drifted towards my arms crossed against my chest and found Chevel’s hands resting on top of them. My tensed features immediately eased upon her touch.

I looked at her eyes staring right through mine as they’re gleaming against the sun’s rays that escaped the curtains.

“Fine.” I said in defeat. A smile instantly formed on her lips as her hands left my arms.

I let out a sigh as I sat on the bed. Thanks to Chevel, I made myself a favor of not having an argument with the king.

“I’ll have to go back to my quarters now.” She said walking towards the door. I immediately stood up from the bed following her from behind.

“I’ll come with you.” I said as we walked out of the door.

I escorted her back to her quarters and as soon as I stepped in, everyone stopped what they were doing and fixated their eyes on me.

I scanned the room and fortunately, Lilith and his men are nowhere to be found.

“I’ll come back after you finished getting ready.” I whispered against Chevel’s ear before striding out the door.

I threw myself on my bed as soon as I arrived back to my room. I wouldn’t make a move for now but I’ll be observing everything.

I guess it wouldn’t really be a wise move to go to Lucifer about it. He might be an accomplice to this whole thing.

I don’t know what Lilith is planning but she better plan it out perfectly.

A/N: AHH T_T I have been updating irregularly.. I'm terribly sorry about that. I'm going to apologise further since I don't know when I can be able to update regularly again 🥺
But ofcourse I'll still update hey! So please bear with me 🥺
Thank you very much for the nonstop supports 🥺😍 Yall know who you are 🥰 and keep safe always loves! 🤗