Chapter 37: The Missing Years - II

6 years ago....
(Sophomore Year - College)
(Ages: 20)

"Her medial temporal lobe had been hit causing a temporary mix of memories, or in actuality, lack recollection thereof" announced the director of the neurosurgeon department of Ruby International's Hospital.

"So..you mean to say....she has..." her voice starts to trail off.

"Amnesia" the long dark haired male said before pushing his body off of the white walls as he approached the confused female who remained to sit up right on the hospital bed, confusion and wariness in her eyes.

"Is this...permanent?" another voice piques, it's owner's puffy cheeks slowly trembling as the unbelievable words started to flow from her mouth.

"Thankfully not, since it was the medial temporal lobe, it would only cause a temporary loss of memory...though...the length or period of time for her to regain said memories...could take weeks...months....years.... it could take some while" the director continued with his diagnostic.

Nodding off to the 7 standing individuals and one sitting, the doctor left without a word, reading the room as soon as he noticed the tension.

"I'm sorry...I'm...I have no...no recollection of my...of my name...." she admits as her plump lips and doll eyes showed nothing but innocence and confusion, and at some point, a slight tinge of fear.

Everyone stayed silent, as if hesistang and scared to spook her, too uncomfortable and surprised by the situation, they feared the possibility of the post traumatic stress disorder to occur.

But before anyone could hold onto their breathes, his long legs walked up to him, his white suit glorifying his every step. His wavy hair held its place as he threw a charming smile over to her. One they hadn't seen in quite a while.

"You go by Lisa, sweet angel... and I..., well, you can call me, Vantae" he says as he gives her a teasing glance before he proceeded to kiss her cheek.

As their eyes met, fascination sparkled in her eyes, and the pure innocence of it all made everyone silent as an aura that was unusual suddenly erupted.

His domineering presence lingered on her personal space as he took a step back and remained to smile at her. Yet she didn't seem to mind his proximity at all.

Ringing sounds suddenly enveloped the presidential suite as a European orchestra started to play. They looked at female standing in a thigh length periwinkle colored summer chiffon dress covered by a cream coat and a thin belt of the same color.

Matching along with it were white glossy boots, and as she fluttered her closed eyes open, looking at her phone which were held by her freshly manicured nails, she squinted her eyes into a soft glare before declining the call.

Her side beret which had matched the white-periwinkle theme with its fabric and color was suddenly taken away by the long haired mafia heir who had been laying against the wall not far from her.

Everyone watched as his lengthy hair which had been styled suitably today, had matched beautifully with his dark black suit. He gently touched and moved strands of her long dark brunette hair.

After being satisfied with the adjustments he made, he suddenly took out a small diamond clip from his back pocket, slowly placing it on the side of her hair before placing the beret perfectly once more.

The clip had prevented it from moving so loosely and it had matched the diamond earrings she wore.

A confused expression turned into a gentle smile of gratitude from the heiress before she surprisingly admitted, "I didn't know you had this, I think I forgot about it"