Chapter 48: Secrets and Stilletos

Chaeyoung lowered her body, placing the bouquet of colourful roses near the tombstone

Chaeyoung lowered her body, placing the bouquet of colourful roses near the tombstone. Her fingers glazed over the engravings that were beautifully made, each letter slowly breaking her heart into pieces.

And with a heavy sigh and a heartbreaking smile, Chaeyoung whispers.

"Hey Aera, mommy's here"

The chilly air started to surround the place, a light and lively presence came upon.

A precious smile appeared on Rosie's lips, knowing that she was here.

"Baby, I'm sorry I wasn't able to visit you for a few weeks...mommy's been real tired. I can feel you right now you know? I miss you baby. I really do.

I hope you're okay up there, take care of grandmama for the meanwhile, okay? Only until I get to you okay?

Aera....I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe it would've been better that you were up there in heaven than to ever have a mother like me.

I'm so sorry.

I hate how Areum's suffering too, because of my incompetence as a mother.

But baby, I was 22...

I was not ready to have a child because I was a child as well.

But I didn't wanna give you up... I didn't want to. Is that why you gave up instead?

Aera I love you.

And I love your father. Very much. I love him with entirety of my being. And maybe that's why I hate this set up of ours.

But I promise you. Before we see again, I'll make sure everything's alright. I'll make sure that you'll meet the mother you would've deserved"

Rosie was in complete devastation. Her breaths were uneven, she was practically gasping for air. Her chest was heaving up and down, her lungs swallowing up the misery that her heart held.

The tears were falling right after one another like a thunderstorm. She truly felt like the world was swallowing her up.

She felt a warm embrace holding onto her shoulders before the very presence had hugged tightly. Jennie hadn't realised that she had tears coming out of her own eyes.

How could someone's life, someone as sweet and caring, someone as forgiving and selfless as Rosie be so miserable?

"Aera deserved someone else. Someone like Jisoo unnie, someone like you Jen, someone like Lis, anybody else. She and Areum deserved anyone else but me to be their godforsaken mother"