Chapter 58: Fates Ruled by Hearts

Too young, too dumbTo know things like loveToo young, too dumbSo I drown it out like I always doDancing through our house With the ghost of you_____

Too young, too dumb
To know things like love
Too young, too dumb
So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
_____

Please listen to: Ghost of you by 5 Seconds of Summer so that the emotions of the chapter may be passed on to the reader.
_____

At that specific burst of starlight, the bright sky began to lit up Seoul's city on a monday morning, the events of the day before slowly dawning and creeping up on the feet of the powerful.

Roseanne Koo had an early trial that morning, her eyes puffed up from the tears she had let out in her bed last night.

All she was grateful for was that she had held her tears in before she fully broke down on the marble floors of her entrance hall last night.

If the idea of Taehyung and Jennie, who's love she had silently admired for years on end was a facade, it wasn't hard to believe if any love she had experienced was even true.

Jennie and Vantae. Vantae and Jennie. V and J. J and V. One was incomplete with the other.

However that all seems to be false now. But were all those longing glances, touches, actions and such that they've shown each other, that he's shown her, was truly a lie?

Because was that how love was truly gonna be like? To love someone so much that you'd hurt them? She saw it in Lisa and Jeongguk. In Jennie and Taehyung. Even in Jisoo and Seokjin. The idea chilled her bones.

Maybe she should be thankful that Junhoe is showing signs of cheating. Maybe he should be hurting her cause in some messed up philosophy, that meant he was in love with her, but no.

Because that idea was purely madness.

If that had been the idea of love, Roseanne knew she'd rather choose not to ever be loved than to experience the lies and betrayal that came with it.

The dim lights of the mansion illuminated the hallway that Roseanne lay devastatingly on. She lowered down her cries when she heard small steps coming her way.

"Mommy?" She heard a little voice come from the stair case.

Trying to wipe her tears away before her nearly 5 year old child came to view, Roseanne felt a pang of hurt when she saw the face of Areum.

Day by day, the features that showed the perfect mix of Roseanne and Areum's father dawned themselves upon the face of Roseanne's daughter.