Chapter 50: Inner Circle's Réunion - I

It wasn't long before the rest of the members of "Stupidly Exclusive" replied back their confirmations regarding their attendance on their oldest' friends birthday dinner

A partial reason to their immediate responses was also because of their fear of the eldest heiress in their group.

They knew she wouldn't dare allow them to miss any celebration that she had held, and most of them had gotten first hand experiences on the punishments she gave out.

There was that time not too long ago when Jennie and Vantae both had separately told her in advance that they were going to be late to Jisoo's yearly wine evening that was usually held in October.

It was "traditional" as she likes to call it.

The two were not very discreet regarding their excuses since they both childishly had said that they were each off to Japan for "work matters".

It was obvious to her that the two did not discuss the matter between themselves. Being that they could've come up with a better and more coordinated excuse.

She was already suspicious as it is to being the two of them as the ones who were both going to be late to her wine night but, the similar excuses confirmed her suspicions.

If they wanted to do their baby-making before the marriage, she wasn't going to interfere at all. She definitely understood it.

All she wanted was for them to have the balls to tell her up front regarding it and not act like some childish love-sick teenagers who went around making excuses to make out in the school's bathroom.

She was prepared to give them the cold shoulder that night after they both arrived from their hour flight from Japan to go to her gathering, however when she found their beautiful yet fatigue-stricken states, the motherly instincts inside her could not dare ignore them.

So instead she welcomed them with open arms like usual, earning playful roll of eyes and joking scoffs from the rest of their other friends, except for Lisa and Chaeyoung who each had needed to go home for medical and familial matters.

The medical heiress was also guilt-stricken when she had found out that the reason for the engaged couple's mutual disappearance was because Taehyung and Jennie's parent's had requested for the young lovers' presences for dinner that was held in Japan.

They were to discuss details about their wedding, the two had said.

The location of the dinner being a neighbouring country (Japan) was mostly courtesy for the unexplainable power that Vantae's family supposedly had there, making it extremely difficult to decline the request, even for someone like Taehyung who usually could not be ordered around.

The eldest heiress had even joked out the possibility for Taehyung's family to be of Yakuza lineage for its strict, serious, and deathly rules.

However the Ferrari heir had simply laughed it off while drinking his wine, his chair slightly at the back of his fiancée's as he was rubbing her back from behind knowing full well of her tiredness from the back and forth flights.