Chapter 56: Misplaced Marriages

"I thought maybe we would kiss tonightBaby will you kiss me already?Baby, though I've closed my eyesI know who you pretend I amI know who you pretend I am"

Baby will you kiss me already?
Baby, though I've closed my eyes
I know who you pretend I am
I know who you pretend I am"

Please listen to: Washing Machine Heart by Mitski so that the emotions of the chapter may be passed on to the reader.

The faint sounds of classical music remained to play from the ballroom that lay bit afar from where the remaining 5 elites stood.

"Do I even truly know any of you?" Roseanne whispered under her breath, her eyes agape open, her bottom lip dropped in shock.

The lawyer averted her gaze towards the Black Dragon successor with the distraught emotion leaking off of his face.

His feet seemed to have been paralysed as he remained his back pressed against the wall, his posture slouching.

Jeongguk had been shocked by his own actions. Even more with the words that impulsiveness had made him say.

He had been so furious to almost losing Lisa that a part of him hoped that he hadn't been the only one losing something.

He was fucking mental.

The years of manipulation and gaslighting inflicted by his own father and officers of the gang had made his head clouded and messed up.

The only time it had cleared up were the days he found himself hanging around the Cadwell Hall with his best friends, escaping parties with Jennie and Vantae, or kissing her, Lalisa, in those dark hallways.

Jeongguk had no control of his own mind and body. It seemed that his rational self and the cold blooded killer inside of him switched places of control every now and then.

"What....have....I done....." Jeongguk's legs started to become painful as it tried its best to hold him. The heir's eyes had been blown open, facing the ground, almost horrified.

"Congrats. So you fuck up Lisa's life and decide to ruin their lives too. You're just, wow....

I don't care if you're gonna start explaining shit that Jennie got in danger cause of Taehyung or whoever the fucks identity, it still doesn't change the fact that you had no right nor business in doing that. You weren't in the right place."

Jimin's words were cold, even his actions as he looked down at Jeongguk's slouching posture had asserted a certain power over the two. One wherein the cardiologist was on top.