Chapter 29: The Fallen Sapphires

Sapphires were sometimes treasured and considered as gem stones that were more precious than any diamond or gold in the existence of the planet.

Maybe that was the reason why they all favoured the crystal so much that they placed and enumerated in every thing they had.

It was their symbol. Not some plain white diamond, but a striking blue that caught the eye yet still looked special and elegant.

Sapphires were treasured, loved, envied, and above all else, untouchable

Maybe that security was the reason why they were so fragile and unsafe, living a life of sure selves, they hadn't though about the fact that others were watching, and some, watching too close for comfort.
_

Ever since the night of the ball, the atmosphere between the seven heads of La Tremoille were different.

They seemed more serious, more organised, more united.

Students didn't know if that was a blessing or a curse, but they were sure that they were about to find out soon enough.

The odd thing about it was, some students started to talk that the past golden house head girl must've been killed by the Elites, or maybe they lead her to take her own life.

That didn't sit well because the Elites didn't say anything so the rumour had spread even more. Others unknowing that they didn't respond to such blasphemy because acknowledging her death was not something they were gonna do.

Other students looked at them, no longer in jealousy but in disgust, thinking that the Elites must've been so cruel to lead the deaths of one of their own friends.

At some point, police got involved because the rumours were being so severe. Jeon Jeongguk and Kim Seokjin had to be handcuffed before their own parents had called the head of CIA to clear it all up.

The sure thing about it was that,

Firstly, the Ruby heads

The Ruby heads seemed more serious and strict the days that followed. Everytime students needed to go meet with the head boy, the person who came to talk was Kim Jisoo, saying that the head boy was talking about important matters with the head boy of the Golden house.

Kim Jisoo also seemed bothered and was always stuck under piles of paper.

Second, the Obsidian heads

The Obsidian heads, despite the lovely atmosphere before the ball, a dreadful aura followed right after.

Ever since the heads of Obsidian came back from the weekend of the ball, the two seemed to be distancing themselves as much as possible, specifically Roseanne.

And the odd thing about was that, ever since they came back, a diamond ring could now be found at the finger of the left hand of the head girl.

That delighted everyone, everyone except one Park Jimin.

Everytime he was within a 100 meter range from the ring, he seemed to act as if it was the most god-awful piece of jewellery ever created by human kind.

On the contrary, it looked really beautiful, but everyone seemed to have different opinions about it.

Every now and then, students would gawk at it in admiration, but if anyone payed close attention, they'd see the miserable glance of the head girl when looking at the ring.

She smiled brightly these days, she seemed happier, more alive, yet anyone who dared to look at her eyes could see the miserable expression and emotions behind it, and maybe that was the reason why Junhoe never liked looking at her in the eye again.