Chapter 14: The Missing Heart

Everyone was dead on their tracks. The moment they heard the 3 words fall out of the Mafia Heir's lips, everyone just went blank. No one dared to move. No one dared to speak. And an icy chill went through their bones because no one....not a single one of them dared to breathe.

Jennie was pretty sure that her mind was playing with her. All she knew was that she was saying "no. No. No.. no.. that's not...no, NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO. PLEASE"  she was hyperventilating, each breath more breathless than before.

each no becoming louder yet more hopeless than the previous one. She was pretty sure this was just some petty prank her best friend made. In a couple of hours maybe she'd step inside those twin doors and laugh at everyone. And Jennie would get mad but...she'll laugh it off in the end. She'll smile and laugh at the younger. She'll smile. She'll laugh. Her smile. Her contagious laugh. Please. Jennie didn't know but a small part of her had already started to break. And she doesn't know if that part will every be mended ever again.

And before Jennie knew it. She was rushing outside the house. The walls seemingly choking the air out of her.

Flashes came surging into Jennie's head. Flashes of her bright Orange hair that was silvery Gray the last time she saw her. The adorable noises she made when she got excited. Jennie's heart was pounding so loud. It hurt so badly. She wanted to take out her own heart and bury it. She didn't want to believe it.

The next thing she knew was that she was punching every snow outside the garden-like entrance of the Villa. She hadn't noticed the anger of her heart that seemingly was showing in her bleeding knuckles. She didn't know when she passed out or when he had carried her bridal style, laying her in her room at the safe house, and kissing her forehead while his own tears started falling one by one.

Roseanne Park was pretty sure that her heart stopped beating. She was sure that she stopped living. She was sure that she was breaking apart the moment she heard those words. Rosie actually started panicking. This surging water, her tears, were drowning the living hell out of her.

She saw black. And she doesn't know how. Or why. But she went straight to Him. She didn't know what her mind was thinking...but she went to the silver haired boy who was now crying. His own tears falling massively. She rushed up to him. And as she looked at him. Her eyes brimming with tears, red and hurt. She looked at him dead in the eye and said...

"Jimin, love, tell me honestly...this is a joke right?" She said, her voice hoarse and breaking. Pleading. Painfully sweet. She was breaking.

"Jimin...please...please...fucking please...tell just...this...once.. please fucking tell me this isn't true. Please" Rosie said through mid-pants. Her breathing heavy and rushed. Her eyes were blurry and she couldn't see anything from all the tears that's were blurring her eyesight.

"JIMIN, PLEASE FUCKING TELL ME I HEARD IT WRONG. PLEASE" Rosie pleads. She was pounding her fists that were clenched against his chest.

Her cries going louder as her legs started to give up on her, and as she was falling down to her feet, she was breaking down. And all he could do was support her elbows and hug her tight. Because he himself was too shocked to even breathe. To even think. To even...live...

Jisoo didn't know if her soul left her body. She didn't know how she was able to go upstairs to her room. She didn't know how she was able to go to her room and sit on her bed.

But she felt it. When her body started to block out any emotions. She felt it. When her mind didn't know what to think. She felt it to her core. She felt it when she went numb.