Chapter 19

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Why the hell would it be following him?" Finding yourself becoming defensive at the idea you crossed your arms narrowing your eyes at the man, Mista pulled back from him taking an offensive stance as well.

"Do you want me to make it so you can never hold a chisel again? Sorry to break it to you, but Bucciarati's far away from here, you dumbass!" Growing louder with each word Mista's lips curled back into a sneer, both of you knew that Bruno couldn't have been in the building since he was supposed to be looking into the leaky eye Luka situation.

"You're the one who's lying. Bucciarati should be in this apartment building." Flipping himself in place, the green eyed man flickered his gaze between the two of you, settling on you since you weren't pointing any weapons his way, "Please! Let me see him. His life depends on-" A pained scream left his lips before being able to finish and a bullet wound appeared in the center of his hand.

Hearing Mista begin yelling once more, your gaze trailed back towards the rock. Breath getting caught in your throat upon seeing, nothing. Nothing but small pebbles scattered along the tiled floor, "Mista! The rock's gone!" Calling that to attention the gunslinger quickly threw his head back seeing that the rook was indeed gone. Throwing the man into a headlock his eyes shot around the elevator as though it could've just been somewhere other than the corner it formerly sat.

"What the hell are you doing?! I told you not to do anything funny!"

Scolippi's eyes stared down at the barrel of the gun, an almost plain look took over his expression. "The rock has left."

"What?!" Both Mista and yourself exclaimed that in sync, there was no way something as big as that rock could've left without anyone noticing. Especially you considering you were standing right beside it.

"One of the greatest sculptors in history, Michelangelo, once said 'I don't have any thoughts when I take hold of a marble slab. Every block of stone already has a statue inside it, and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."

"What the hell does that even mean?! You're not making any sense! Just bring the rock back!" Annoyance seeped through your tone with how he was dancing around the issue. You could see that Mista held the same annoyance from the way his jaw clenched and how his hand tightened around the guns trigger.

"I'll kill you if you don't listen to her, so bring it back!" Demanding that and once again pressing the tip of the guns barrel into the man's cheek he merely just continued his ramblings.

"Michelangelo was saying that the ultimate statue is not created from an idea. It already dwells within the stone as it's destiny. He was an artist who could see that destiny as he sculpted. It's not that I sculpted that rock into the shape of Bucciarati, and neither did your bullets. That is the shape of destiny. That statue had a hole in its chest that was gushing out blood."