Chapter 51

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You probably shouldn't hear any more, because you all have nothing to do with this."

"I think you should explain." Stating that Giorno's gaze focused on the dark haired man, "Some of them might want to follow you. We need people on our side." Finishing up with that the blond was grabbed by the collar of his jacket.

Abbacchio loomed over him, jaw clenched, "What the hell is your deal, Giorno?! First, you go into the church without permission, and now this?!" Pulling at the jacket more as he spoke, Abbacchio paused feeling a hand rest lightly along his shoulder, snapping his head back his gaze fell upon you and it softened.

"Calm down, we still don't know the details." Saying that softly and dropping your hand from his shoulder the man let out a huff letting go of Giorno. "Bruno." Calling the name out as to get him to begin explaining the man did just that.

"The boss had us act as her bodyguards so that he could kill his daughter with his own two hands because she shared his blood, she could have figured out his true identity. I found that out and...I couldn't forgive him. I couldn't just come back pretending I didn't see that. That's why I betrayed him!"

"How could you?" "Are you insane, Bucciarati?"

"You know exactly what happens to traitors, no matter who it is. The boss never lets anyone get away! Hell, Venice could already be surrounded by the boss's elite guard!" Stating all that Abbacchio's tone of voice started out strong before dying out, the thought of Bruno betraying the boss weighed heavily.

"You're right, and that's why I'm going to need help. If any of you are willing to accompany me," Turning to the side he stared up at the group, "Come down these stairs and get on the boat. But I will not order any of you to come with me. I won't even ask you to come with me. I did this all on my own. So you don't need to feel obligated to come with me. This may come off as arrogant, but I'm going to say it anyways."

"I did this because I believe I'm right. I have no regrets. Despite the world we live in, I want to continue on the path that I believe in. If we can just find his weakness...although we're only fleeing for now, I will defeat the boss, no matter what. I will find his weakness, no matter what!"

Staring down at Bruno your gaze moved across his expression before turning to see the others having their eyes focused on the floor, their backs facing the man.

Clenching his hands into fists, Abbacchio walked past the three sitting on a small post by the side of the stairs, Fugo swallowed nervously before speaking up. "I understand your reasons, and what you did was right, Bucciarati. But I'm going to be blunt...I hate to say it, but no one's going to get on that boat." Raising his arms to hug himself he continued, "How could you let your emotions take over like that? I owe you my life, but going with you now would be a different matter. You've lost sight of reality. No one can survive in this world on exceptions alone." Stepping farther away he shook his head. "We can't survive without the organization."