Chapter 15

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"So (Y/N), tell me a bit about yourself. We never really get to chat often." Leaning some more onto his desk and shifting some papers aside you once again had his full attention. Blue hues seemingly stared straight through your (E/C) ones almost as though they were reading your very thoughts.

"Um well I mean, what do you want to know?" Pursing your lips and unknowingly playing with the cardboard flaps of the juice box you waited for whatever questions he had in mind.

"Well let's start off with how you got your stand. Were you born with it?" Shaking your head at his question, you turned a bit in place to better face him. The juice box in hand was set back on top of the desk showing it's slightly mangled exterior.

"You could say that, I mean though my family does have a weird ceremony-" Cutting yourself off and raising a hand as though you were telling a secret you added on, "Well, cult type ritualistic sorta ordeal. The (L/N) children get tested before anything proceeds."

Nodding along to what you were saying he threw out a comment, "Does this 'test' have to do with the stands themselves?"

Giving a nod to his assumption you continued, "Children usually fall under three categories in the (L/N) family. Those who have stands which have been proven beneficial to the organization, those who have ones which are deemed useless, and then those who are just simply cast aside." Trailing off a bit recalling a few family members who fell under the last category your lips pressed into a firm line.

You shook the thoughts away quickly, "I fit under the first category seeing as I'm here now."

Following along he found it unfortunate that children in your family had to go through something such as that at such a young age, though thinking more about it there were bits that did make sense for such a well renowned and maintained family.

Something about the way you spoke rose a few questions, "How come you refer to them as 'the (L/N) family' and not just your family?"

Feeling like you should've figured out he'd catch on you let out an insightful hum, "Because I don't consider them family. They were much more like teachers than any family I've ever read or heard about." Simply stating that your shoulders slouched back into a relaxed state.

"I felt like I was always held at an arm's length if that makes sense. My stand is a blessing and a curse purely because the standards for me as a kid were through the roof." Listening intently to each word you said he urged you to elaborate a bit on certain points via giving a nod or letting out a hum.

"If you're saying this is what you felt like then I can only wonder how your childhood was." Leaning back into his chair his own posture relaxed though mild interest in your past flashed through his gaze.