Chapter 39

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Having returned and picked up the others, you found yourself nestled in between Bruno and Narancia in the second row. Both hands extended forwards cradling Abbacchio's  softly between them. He'd woken up surprisingly enough when the van had stopped in front of the house eyes blinking away any grogginess he had yet he was insistent that everyone load in and we head off before you could do anything to aid him.

It was quite surprising that you could reattach the man's missing appendage, but nonetheless you now focused on mending the torn muscles and veins in his wrist. Bruno from his seat beside you observed the large cut once severing the man's hand begin closing itself off and how colour once again began returning to the hand itself as blood once again circulated it..

"Let me see the key we obtained again, Narancia." Calling back towards the black haired teen beside you, Narancia merely just tossed the item, not much though going into the act till Abbacchio pulled his hand away from you to catch it.

Upon making contact with the key Abbacchio quickly pulled his hand back, the feeling of it making contact hurt tremendously and right away you leaned out of your seat capturing the appendage in your own once more. "Narancia! I literally just reattached it like five minutes ago!" Scolding the teen, you let out a huff shaking your head.

"Aw come on he's just overreacting. It should be a good sign that you can feel again." Pointing a finger towards the white haired man Narancia merely rolled his eyes hearing a few choice words be fired his way.

"It's a good sign but it's going to be sensitive for a bit, try and be more mindful." continuing to lightly scolding the teen, you  re-focused your attention on removing any leftover pain from Abbacchio's hand, pausing to picking the key off the ground and passing it towards the man.

Mindful to wait till his good hand reached over.

Mumbling a quick 'thank you' he tried ignoring the soft circular motion of your thumb along his palm focusing on the key now in hand.

Raising it above his head and turning it upside down the man's ombre hues read words that were engraved into the glass ball, "I thank you for protecting my daughter, Bucciarati. Go to the drinking fountain with a turtle on the sixth platform at Naples station, and use this key. Then, take my daughter to Venice by train. P.S My mission for you will end once you get to Venice."

Lowering the key he let out a hum, "What's supposed to be by the drinking fountain at the station?"

"Maybe a secret door to something." Inputting that as a guess you softly pulled your hand away from holding onto Abbacchio's, feeling as though you'd done a good job at fully fixing it up.

Having folded his arms over one another Bruno released a hum, "The boss mentioned a way for us to travel without being found by the enemy. The station is dangerous, but we'll just have to trust him and go."