Chapter 18

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You figured sitting back and listening to the conversation would be the best course of action, seeing as you hadn't paid much attention to what the elderly man at the restaurant was saying, apart from the more pressing parts.

Though when Mista suddenly snapped his head towards the window demanding the car to stop, that's when you felt perplexed. He almost seemed adamant on having Fugo pull over before casting his eyes around and muttering a never mind.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Extending a hand out and slipping it beneath his hat resting it onto his forehead, the man merely slid down into his seat in response sliding away from your hand while batting at it.

"I'm feeling fine. Sorry for saying something stupid! I'm terribly sorry for all the trouble!" His tone of voice was sarcastic and he once again crossed his arms letting out a huff. The words distinctly directed more towards the two seated upfront than at you.

Something was definitely on his mind and bothering him, but before you could inquire about it he pointed off towards a building, "Hey that's the building, you can drop us off here." Right away the car pulled over to the side and the two of you hopped out.

Walking beside him and looking at the picture once more you slid it back into your pocket, "So you think he did it?" Asking that and kicking a few rocks along the sidewalk you laced your hands behind your back, different scenarios of what might happen played through your mind. "Or do you think he's innocent?"

Scuffing his own shoes along the sidewalk in though he gave a shrug, "Not sure, we won't really know till we pry it outta him." Simply stating that he bobbed his head along with the answer. "What about you though? Any guesses?"

"Not really, I'm more curious about how this'll play out." Letting out a hum at your response the apartment complex's front entrance came into view and upon heading in the two of you stood before the elevator. "We'll just have to catch him at his apartment right?"

"Yeah, it's on the seventh floor. The guy's name is Scolippi." Nodding along to what he was saying you shifted from one foot to the other casting your gaze out a set of windows. The courtyard was just outside and you could only assume it was where the florist's daughter had landed.

Hearing the ding of the elevator you turned just in time to catch Mista stare in shock at whatever was inside, his poster stiffened, eyes wide and before you knew it the man had whipped out his revolver firing a few shots.

Swiftly moving to stand beside him and look into the elevator whatever dust particles floating through the air dispersed revealing a stone eerily shaped like Bruno, though in a morbid fashion. "What the fuck is that?!" Mouth open in surprise both yourself and Mista stared at it in disbelief.