Chapter 38

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Feeling yourself lean back, the slight brush of something soft was felt below your chin just enough for the sensation to register. You couldn't exactly tell what was happening but with the pain coursing through your body, your lack of knowledge was understandable.

Your eyelids felt like sandbags, they were heaving but after a few more failed attempts you were eventually able to open them, quickly catching sight of strawberry tinted blond hair before you as well as a seatbelt being pulled across you.

"Fugo?" Instantly he shot up at his name being called, the top of his head smacking against the top of the vans doorframe in the process. Letting out a groan and rubbing at his head, his eyes quickly fell upon you. Purple hues brightened vividly upon seeing that you were awake and a concerned expression quickly took over his face.

"Hey, you're awake. I didn't think you'd be up this quick." Speaking softly he leaned in front of you raising a hand softly to take a hold of your chin, turning your face in hand. The bruises seemed to be fading quickly much to his surprise. "Your bruises are looking better."

Cracking a slight smile you spoke once more, your voice still hoarse from the damage done to your vocal cords. "Did we get the key?"

Pulling his hand away from your face he gave a hum softly nodding, "We did, but nobody came out unscathed. Rest your voice, I'm sure you're still in pain." Growing softer by the end of his sentence he nodded to himself scanning your face once more.

Giving a hum of your own, you raised a hand softly patting the blond's cheek, "I'll be fine, It'll just take me a bit to heal up." Mimicking what he did with your own face earlier you held his rotating it in hand. "How are you feeling though? You did get hit quite a few times."

Hearing you ask that his face began to feel warm, even though you'd been hurt worse than he was you still took the time to fret over his own wellbeing. Taking note that your voice had become clearer and smoother by the end he could only assume your stand granted you some sort of enhanced self healing.

It'd make sense.

"I'm feeling alright. My face is a bit tender, but I was more concerned with how you were. Hell the guy chased you then came back dragging your body, I thought you were dead!" Reaching up to where your hand was he lightly tugged it off his face cupping it between his own, his tone of voice was filled with concern and sincerity.

"Oh, I mean that would make sense." Murmuring that you bobbed your head, "But the plan did kinda work you have to admit. Not in the way I intended but something worked." Shaking his head in response and letting go of your hand he closed his eyes with a sigh.

"Well whatever happened I'm glad you're alright. The other two however are going to need help when we get back. There's no big rush though, I want to make sure you're better before you use your stand." Raising a hand and patting your head he pulled back closing the door and moving off into the driver's seat starting up the vehicle.