Chapter 71

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"That's a bit cruel, Bucciarati." Craning your attention towards Trish as she spoke a subtle frown had broken out across her lips, "He didn't even ask Narancia if he was okay or not. Not to mention, earlier, when you were trying desperately to get up from the boat, what did he say?" Drifting her eyes from the ground towards the black haired teen her hands curled around the fabric of her skirt. "He coldly ordered you to throw the turtle."

Turning his head towards the pink haired girl, purple hues trailed up to meet with hers, "What are you so mad about? Of course he said that, I was the one who went down onto the boat. It's good that we made it out alive but because of me, we almost died."

Although you understood where he was coming front the point Trish made did strike a chord with you. You knew the general welfare of the team was what was most important, but you also didn't really like to ponder over how those types of decisions were made.

"Besides, if Bucciarati hadn't told me to throw the turtle, I might've dropped it into the ocean."

"I know that! What I'm saying is that he's cold to everyone." Having bounced your eyes between the two, you could see that neither understood what the other was saying. Which led to you voicing your own thoughts on the situation.

"Trish, I think you need to keep an open mind on what Bruno does. I mean, he carries the weight of the whole team on his shoulders and making decisions like that aren't always the easiest." Speaking softly and pulling your legs in to rest your chin on them you shifted back leaning against one of Abbacchio's legs. The man in question choosing to entirely ignore the current conversation and stare up through the glass ceiling.

"But that still doesn't excuse how he acts!" Standing strongly by what she said a frustrated breath left the girl.

Moving his gaze away from you back to Trish, Narancia blinked slowly a few times. "Say...I don't really understand how girls feel, but...were you hoping he would ask if you were okay? I already know how Bucciarati is, but you're dying to know more about him."

"Excuse me? I'm dying to what?"

"Well, getting to Rome is what's most important right now." His words slowly faded off into a mumble as he rolled in place turning so that his back was facing the rest of the room. "You can figure it out later. I'm not doing so great right now. Let me rest for a bit."

Trish's expression softened upon hearing the last bit, her counter argument faded out of existence and what you could only assume was a disappointed sigh left her lips.

The whole mission was stressful and it seemed as though the stress was beginning to get to everyone. No words came to mind to settle any tension the girl had instead opting to fiddle with the helm of your pants.