Chapter 33

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The boat ride back to Naples was...quiet. You had tried to make conversation with Trish on various occasions, but it seemed like she didn't want to talk much with the others around. Though you wouldn't want to blame her, anyone would be annoyed and embarrassed if they opened a door and two idiots tumbled in.

Now at the temporary safe house you could finally see the girl relax a bit, she'd asked you quite softly if you could accompany her to her room which right away you obliged to having been given the responsibility to stick with her regardless.

Sitting cross legged on top of the white bed sheets your gaze drifted around the all green room before settling on the pink haired girl. She'd been perched on top of the room's dresser staring out the window for quite some time now.

"So...uh what's your favorite colour?" Sucking in your cheeks and releasing a slight pop noise you asked a simple question hoping to at least get a ball rolling. Her eyes moved from the window towards where you sat scanning your face for any hidden intent.

"Hm, pink and yellow." Pulling her legs up onto the dresser and tucking them below her chin she let out an airy hum. "What about you?"

Having the question asked back nearly made you grin victoriously. It'd taken you quite some time to actually get a conversation to carry on so her asking the question back made you ecstatic. "I can see why you'd like those colours, they look good on you." Saying that your compliment flowed out quickly before being followed by your own answer to the question. "And I'd have to say my favorite colour is (F/C)."

Nodding at your answer she then let out a sigh, her fingers played with the edge of her skirt acting as a sort of distraction for the compliment you gave her. She wasn't really one to get them often and one could even say she'd become a tad shy around you considering you've done it twice on such basic things, both completely genuine.

"You've been with this team for a while right?" Right away focusing your attention back on Trish you gave a nod letting her know that you were listening. "How long have you been on it exactly?"

Tapping your hand against the bed in through you clicked your tongue, you never really counted the days but rounding them up you could get an estimate, "Hm about a month? Two months? Give or take, I mean time flies by when you have to make sure the house doesn't burn down constantly." Answering with that and throwing in a quick joke near the end you could make out the corner of her lips raise.

"Do you like being on the team?"

Raising a brow at the question you shook your head letting out an airy laugh, "With my entire being, these guys are like family to me and I'd give anything to protect them." Stating that you nodded to yourself before grinning at the girl, "And since you're a part of this team now, I'd give anything to protect you as well. Though I will say you did pretty well by yourself with Narancia."