Chapter 10

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After the events of dinner everyone seemed to have parted ways and soon enough nighttime had rolled around. The team each split up heading to their respective rooms and calling it in for the night.

Well...everyone but you.

It seemed as though there was something on your mind keeping you away from the luxury that was sleep, but upon raking through your thoughts nothing in particular stuck out. Which led you to staring up at the ceiling for a good hour.

Your eyelids had yet to grow heaving, which led to your groans of frustration. Perhaps your body was subconsciously asking for something; water, maybe water. That sounded like a good guess and it wasn't like there was really anything else you could do or think of.

Throwing the covers off your body and slipping off the bed your feet came in contact with the cold flooring, raising off the bed and trailing towards the door you cracked it open peaking out into the hall.

The coast was clear.

Slipping out and padding your way towards the kitchen you remained as quiet as possible, though upon reaching the kitchen entryway your gaze met the sight of the fridge. It's open doorway just barely illuminated the figure crouched before it.

Now you wouldn't have recognized the person at a first glance if not for the familiar orange patterned pants, though the iconic blue sweater and hat were missing. "Wait you're a brunette?" Blurting that out you watched as the man turned back to face you, a slice of leftover pizza dangled from between his lips and without much thought you began scooting back into the hall, "Oh Uh I'll just...leave you be."

Once out of sight you turned making a b-line back to your room, a loudly whispered 'wait' sounded from behind you followed by the sound of the fridge slamming shut and quick steps.

Now this was when you started to pick up your pace unsure of what else to do till you were quickly tackled to the ground. A pained groan left your lips upon making contact with the floor, the brunette who'd just come bounding down the hall tackling you now straddled your back keeping his hands along your shoulders.

"Come on man, I could've just pretended I didn't see anything. You didn't have to go and tackle me." Hearing your muffled voice whine that out he let out a breath before standing up and stepping to the side.

"Sorry, it's a reflex." Rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed about what he had just done he offered you a hand seeing you roll onto your back, miscalculating how light you were he had tugged you up with more force than intended leading the two of you to collide.

"Reflex?! What kind of reflex-you're not wearing your sweater." Once again blurting that out although you were already aware of the last bit, you instantly felt embarrassed. It wasn't like you were purposely feeling the guy up or staring, it was just the fact you'd been pulled up so quickly and in your defense even if you were doing any of that. It wasn't like the sweater covered much to begin with.