Chapter 87

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Once again finding yourself trailing through the hall, you veered off down a narrower corridor, eyes lingering over the hall's décor. The whole house was honestly always bigger than you expected and for a good few days you often found yourself getting lost.

Stopping in front of one of the doors lining the hall you knocked on it awaiting a response. Nothing happened for a second or two till a low muffled 'come in' sounded. Twisting the handle and stepping in the lack of light right away left you disoriented. The curtains appeared to have been shut tightly and your eyes struggled to adjust to the sudden light change.

"Jesus, it's dark in here." Setting the basket down in front of the door you patted your hands together briefly watching your stand seep out from your palms curling around the length of your arm illuminating the area around you like LED strips. Using the small amount of light to dig through the basket and pull out one of the white crowns your eyes trailed up to scan around the room.

"If you're hiding somewhere in here I swear to god." Moving around the void like room you trailed towards one side of the bed, the blankets shifting on top hadn't caught your attention till a yelp barely had time to escape your lips from being yanked underneath the covers. Arms had wound themselves firmly around your waist while a chin propped itself onto the dip of your shoulder.

Cold water dripped lightly onto the side of your face causing you to shift, releasing a huff, "Dude! Why is your hair wet and why did you drag me under the covers?!" Moving to slip out of his grip you only got a mimicked huff back.

"Just took a shower not too long ago, and mind you- you're the one who came in here." Using that as his defense Mista held back a yawn simply nuzzling into your shoulder. Lately he's been finding himself having troubles sleeping at light, still unable to get used to having such a large room nor such a quiet house.

"In my defense you said come in." Your face pruned from the feeling of him letting out a sigh, the warm breath right away tickling the side of your face. "And I came in so now let me go, I brought you something." Whining that out and squirming in place the man merely just remained quiet.

Having closed his eyes for just a moment he basked in the warmth you provided. "Just give me a minute." Hearing him murmur that out you resisted the urge to huff once more remaining still, your eyes still had yet to adjust to the room's current darkness and it didn't help that even that was shaded from you.

"Mista, I'll be your cuddle buddy some other time. But now I-" "You know I like you right?" Hearing him cut off your statement, you could feel your breathing hitch. It was something you were aware about but weren't sure how to address exactly.

You were sure he could hear your heart begin speeding up, yet no comment was uttered.

"Well I mean, the pistols told me a while back. . ."Beginning with that you could feel the brunette shift and the result of which was the two of you facing one another. Dark hue's bored into your own while that signature hat of his was missing.

"I know they told you. But I also know how you are and that you probably didn't believe them." Stating that he moved his arms upwards, hands cupping the side of your face all the while squishing it softly. "So I'm asking if you know that I like you."

"Yes I do." Murmuring that out in response you left his hands slowly pulled away from your face, eyes scanning over your expression before a barely noticeable nod was given.

Raising his arms above the top of the blankets and flipping it down, the coolness of the room right away contrasted the heat underneath.

Now staring up at the ceiling in silence you turned your head to the side coughing into your hand as if to break the awkwardness. Leaning over the side of the bed and picking up the flower crown that'd been dropped the item was presented to the gunslinger.

"Uh anyways. Here's what I came to give you." Sitting up and awaiting the brunette to follow you leaned forward a tad resting the item overtop of his wet hair, "Also you shouldn't sleep all day. It's almost 5."

Reaching up and softly patting the flowers delicate petals and leaves a hum left him, he recalled you saying that you'd made one for everyone and yet he couldn't help but feel giddy at the thought of you weaving them in specific colours.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Throwing his arms up into the air he released a groan feeling the muscles in his body tense before relaxing.

Moving to push the blanket off your legs and get up you were once again yanked back finding yourself wrapped up in a back hug, his chin once again rested along your shoulder.

"You're going to get my shirt wet with your hair and I have to drop off the rest of the crowns." Drawing out the last word you once again let out a slight whine shuddering as a hum left the man sending a cascade of vibrations through your back and shoulder.

"Well, your face will have something on it regardless. I mean from what I can tell it's already warm." Hearing him point that out you let out a huff in response knowing that he was indeed talking about the blazing blush strewn out across your cheeks.

"Shut up." Scowling at the man even if he couldn't see it you found Mista's odd bursts of clinginess rather soothing, though this was the first time he'd actually asked you about knowing what his feelings were towards you.

That for sure through you for a loop but it was something that should've also been expected. The two of you a while back did end up talking about the train incident, both deciding to start back from square one.

Which you supposed in his eyes were constant passes and more skin ship than before.

Yep, square number one.

"Mista, let me go." Dragging out the 'a' and 'o' you made grabby hands towards the free space in front of you letting out a short sheik as he'd poked your side, letting go.

"Fine. Fine. But next time I won't be so generous." Crossing his arms while saying that he watched your stand once again emerge wrapping itself around your arms like before.

"Generous? You dragged me under the covers like some sort of boogeyman. I'm surprised my soul didn't leave my body." adding in a quick joke you grinned at the gunslinger before trailing around the bed towards where the door was. "But anyways, open your curtains and get some Vitamin D. You'll turn into a vampire at this point."

Watching your stand fizzle away as soon as the room's door was open a short wave was given back before the door was closed behind you.

A sigh had left his lips and almost immediately his stand manifested, each one berating him on what had just happened insisting that he share all the juicy details.

That of which just included him mentioning your cherry red cheeks and how he could hear your heart race from the proximity.

Both of you now stood eye to eye. You knew he liked you and with that information he felt more at ease.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Gimme a sec I'm double uploading because I feel bad I'm updating so late