Chapter 89

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Waving back at the pink haired girl you tugged the door closed and much like before you trailed down the hall, eyes scanning each and every door. You only had two more stops and then you were free to do whatever it was you wanted to do for the rest of the day.

Humming to yourself and turning into a more open arched hallway your eyes lingered over each window that passed by, the sun outside seemed to have begun descending past the small tree line, the sky now taking on an orange glow in response.

Sparing a moment or two making sure the image was etched into your mind you resumed your trip.

Mentally counting each door before stopping in front of one, much like many times before you knocked on the piece of wood receiving a 'come in'. Twisting the door handle and peaking in your eyes were met with an office very similar in appearance to the old one Bruno had.

"Care for some company for a bit?" Inquiring that and stepping into the office you closed the door softly behind yourself. "I may have been outside all day but I know for a fact you practically living in this office."

Moving his gaze away from the papers resting on top of his desk towards where you stood a somewhat tired breath had left his lips. "I'm always open to your company." Musing that out and leaning back in his chair the man gave a hum, blue hues trailing over your expression before falling on the basket in hand.

"Yeah but see the thing is with that, is you're always dressed to impress. So I feel like I need to be dressed to impress too if I pop by." Pointing that out and moving to occupy the chair in front of his desk a laugh rumbled from the man. "I mean, do you even own sweatpants?"

"Of course I do, but they're more nightwear than daily wear." Watching you merely let out a huff at his words a bemused smile drew itself across his lips. "Why? Is me wearing 'comfy' clothes something you'd want to see?" His tone took on a teasing edge, the conversation strongly reminding him to back when you'd joined the team.

"Well would you want me seeing you in comfy clothes? Because at this point in time I just assume you sleep and shower with your suit. Hell maybe your whole closet is just filled with the same suit." Knowing that a lot of what you were saying was exaggerated you couldn't help but throw in each comment finding them entertaining.

Bruno himself also seemed to have felt this way giving a laugh at what you'd said, "Those would be good guesses, but I can confirm I only have about four of the same suits and I do not sleep nor bathe in them." Answering with that he leaned his arms onto the desk lacing his fingers together and resting his chin on top. "But of course feel free to check in if you don't believe a word I say. I wouldn't mind the company there either."

You froze at his words blinking a few times before a rosy hue quickly broke out along your face, comments like these were probably the reason you didn't often drop by since you'd fear melting into an embarrassed puddle on the floor.