Chapter 79

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Seeing 'Narancia' turn and walk away from the group you momentarily set Polnareff onto a ledge choosing to follow the teen curious as to what he was doing. Aerosmith's radar was once again hovering before his face and upon noticing nothing a grin took over his expression. "No one else is showing up on my radar. No one's coming to save him!"

Relief rushed through you and you spared him a wave trying to catch his attention, "That's great then, now we can just go after Chariot." Watching the radar face away from view a relieved smile replaced his large one.

"We did it and now when we get the arrow everything will be over!" Turning back to where the group stood he added on, "Once we get back to Naples, I'm gonna go to school! I wanna eat some piping-hot pizza, too! Authentic margherita from back home, where it's baked over an oak wood fire!" Although he was currently inhabiting your body the teen turned quickly scooping up both of your hands. "We can get some together after all this! Maybe get some porcini mushrooms on it too!"

Releasing a soft laugh at his ramblings you squeezed his hands in response, "That sounds good Narancia and hey maybe we'll run into Fugo after all this." At the recollection of the strawberry blond 'Narancia's expression fell into a more subtle smile, almost nonexistent. His mind wandered back to the blond as well and wondered towards everything the teams faced up until now.

His grip on your hands loosened before being fully released, attention turning to address someone, "Trish! I'm going to protect you until the end! We all will!"

"We will." Adding in your own two words albeit softer than 'Narancia's, 'Trish's expression softened into one of appreciation.

"Narancia...(Y/N)."

Cutting the moment short 'Bruno's voice cut through the air, "Mista. Just in case, shoot both of his legs, too."

"R-Right!" Lowering the gun in hand he turned his attention to the girl beside him, "Trish, you have by bullets. Give them all to me. They're inside my boot." Stating that and telling her where the items were she crouched down right away reaching into them and pulling out some bullets.

Though upon moving to hand them over an odd sensation washed over her body, something akin to when your heart skips a beat.

"Hurry up, would you? Come on, hand over the bullets!" Staring at her hand in shock and ignoring the gunslingers demands she couldn't help but feel unsettled, something didn't feel right.

"M-Mista..." Snapping his gaze towards the ground as the subtle clang of metal sounded his mouth opened letting out a short gasp, a bullet rolled against the concrete floor- one that wasn't there before. Reluctantly opening his hand more sat inside, the sight of which left his mouth feeling dry. A pit now formed in the bottom of his stomach.