Chapter 100

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Upon waking you burrowed yourself into the warm, soft sheets. A blissful sigh had left your lips at the comforting sandalwood scent they sheets had and the way the smooth texture gradually brought you closer to consciousness. Raising your hands and making a poor attempt at rubbing the remaining grogginess away from your eyes. 

Your blurry vision gradually came more into focus and when it finally did you were met with what you could label as a breathtaking sight.

A part of you had assumed last night was a figment of your imagination-perhaps even a dream, but the still sleeping ebony haired man before you proved otherwise.

The faint warm light cascading in through the sheer white curtains behind you illuminated Bruno's soft yet sharp features, the light itself acting as a sort of golden halo making the already perfect strands of ebony appear even softer.

He looked picture perfect.

Without really thinking you let out a huff, eyes resting along his ebony locks unable to spot a strand out of place or even one that was remotely frizzy. How he managed to not have terrible bedhead was a mystery to you and it seemed as though it will forever be a mystery.

"What are you huffing about." Jumping a bit at the voice your gaze trailed down to meet with soft blue hues, the man's own eyes dragged themselves across the outline of your face. His voice sounded smooth though there was a slight raspiness to it from having just woken up.

"The fact that bedhead seems to be a '(Y/N) exclusive' thing." Giving a soft pout and moving your hands just above the covers to give some finger quotations, Bruno merely let out a laugh in response choosing not to say anything.

Taking in a breath he let out a sigh, eyes still singing over your face before he spoke. Not in response to what you had just said but a question instead, "What was the last thing you heard before falling asleep?"

Realizing that you fell asleep rather quickly, having been basking in the warmth he provided an embarrassed blush crept across your cheeks, "Er sorry about that, I didn't mean to fall asleep while you were still talking." Apologizing for your actions even if he didn't seem that bothered by it, you answered his question. "But I do recall you talking about when I joined the team, maybe a bit after the candle comment but that's about it."

"Why?"

Letting out a hum he felt a mixture of disappointment yet relief. Relief because he wasn't sure if that would've been the right time to practically pour his heart out, yet also disappointed knowing that you didn't hear anything after the flame comment.

"No reason, you just missed me saying goodnight is all." Simply stating that he held back a yawn shifting in place to sit up. His hair quickly fell back into place at he did so and upon seeing him sit up you briefly took the time to observe how the ebony haired mans white silk like pajama top matched quite well with the rooms aesthetic. "But regardless, how did you sleep?"