Chapter 53

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You guys have heard of vegetarians right? Are they allowed to eat, like cheese?" Hearing Mista ask that from across the table you could only let out a long sigh shaking your head, there was a feeling of nostalgia that right away hit you as soon as he spoke.

"Here we go again." Muttering that your attention veered back to finishing up with fixing the shoulder of Bruno's suit, tugging at the thread and looking over the stitching for any missed spots you nodded to yourself cutting the remaining thread off. "You know there's a different name for that kind of thing right? Like Vegan and Vegetarian right?"

Pursing his lips in thought at what you pointed out he let out a loud huff, "Ok well then can either of them eat cheese?"

Turning in his seat Abbacchio voiced his assumption. "Probably not, I mean, milk and eggs come from cows and chickens. That means they probably can't have cake that uses whipped cream, either."

"What?! They can't have cake either?" Giving a pause Mista's brows furrowed, "Are we talking about both vegans and vegetarians or just one of them? Because now I'm even more confused."

"What's new." Letting out an airy laugh and leaning back into your seat you decided to clarify what the gunslinger was asking. "Vegetarians only avoid meat, while Vegans avoid anything that comes from an animal. That is my understanding of them at the very least."

"Man, I wonder if their bodies actually function better in that case."

"Ok but then what do those guys do about shoes or handbags?" Asking that from his seat Narancia raised the spoon he had in hand into the air gesturing around with it. "Those are made from leather."

"Well, if they're vegan because they feel bad for animals, they probably wear sneakers and carry backpacks instead." Giving his answer Abbacchio raised one of his arms moving to rest an elbow onto the table.

Leaning over the table and checking out of the conversation you snagged one of the breadsticks ripping up small pieces to snack on. Your gaze traveled from around the table before moving back to see Giorno staring down the canal. "Hey Giorno, you shouldn't be so tense. It won't make anything happen any quicker." Having turned in place to observe the blond you added on, "You should just eat something now. Can't fight on an empty stomach."

Keeping his gaze on the canal he spoke, "I know...but we still need to be on our guard. For example, there's a possibility someone could have poisoned our food." Hearing what he added you glanced down towards your half eaten breadstick.

"If that's the case then I should eat something else other than a poisoned breadstick." Though you knew that your attempt to lighten the mood might be ineffective you waved the item in hand through the air.