[ 54 ] Escape

Panic. Panic was what Kenma felt when he saw you outside his front door shaking violently.

Without saying a word, he let you in. It had been roughly an hour since then, and you'd been isolating yourself in the corner of the living room. You seemed distraught — then again, who wouldn't be? Your bruises was more evident now and you even had a cut on your lip.

You refused any help Kenma offered you, even when he sent a maid in to bathe you or clean your cut. You were too embarrassed and ashamed. You wondered what Kenma thought about you now that he's seen you in your lowest point.

"How long has she been like this?" Kuroo whispered to Kenma who had a worried look on his face — his hand clenching his phone tightly, hesitating whether or not he should call the twins, or Rintarou.

"An hour now." Kenma replied bluntly.

He badly wanted to help you but at the same time, he didn't want to help you out of pity. he didn't know how to handle situations like this, so this alone drained his energy. "Do you think we should call someone?" Kuroo tapped on Kenma shoulder.

"I... don't know." He whispered, sighing. "This is tiring, Tetsurou."

"I'll take care of her if it'll ease your stress, kitten." Kuroo gently took hold of Kenma's head and turned it to face him. He kissed his forehead, and Kenma let his head fall onto Kuroo's chest. He really wanted to help you, but first and for most — he didn't know what happened. Not knowing what happened was useless to Kenma, he didn't know to what measure of help you needed. Second — he didn't know if you even wanted the help.

"Go wait for me in the room," Kuroo rubbed circles on Kenma's back, hoping it'll help him a bit. Kenma looked up to Kuroo and nodded, exiting the living room.

It was now up to Kuroo to speak with you. It shouldn't be hard, right? You two seemed to be good friends before. You even went on a date. Kuroo only hoped for you to feel comfortable around him. He was thankful, after all, to have noticed that bruise on your wrist a couple days ago. At least he knew a thing or two about what was going on.

"Y/n," He softly called out to you, gently placing his hand on your shoulder. As if you were broken out of a trance, your body jolted and you darted your eyes at Kuroo. "Hey, hey, it's just me." He tried calming you down.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He sent a soft smile your way, rubbing circles on your shoulder, making sure not to hit any bruises that might result to giving you pain.

You remained silent, trying to process everything from the past few hours. You weren't sure how to reveal to Kuroo what had happened. It would be like dropping a bomb. You didn't want him to be involved in any of your problems but you couldn't keep it to yourself as well. If you continue this, you might as well accept the fact that you'll soon be found dead in a sewage somewhere.

You swallowed thickly before letting out a shaky breath. "I called off the engagement."

That alone brought Kuroo to the edge of his seat. It's not like he was against how you were finally safe now and away from the hands of Gakushū Asano. He just wondered what brought you to make that decision. If he was counting correctly, you went through 6 years of emotional and physical abuse. 6 damn years. What made you open your eyes now?

"Hear me out," He brought his hand back to his side, crouching down in front of you. He put his hands on your knees, carressing it with his thumb. "I'm proud of you for finding the strength to do that, pudding, but what made you decide that?"

You pursed your lips. Would it be okay to tell Kuroo that the reason why you called the engagement off was because of Akaashi? He didn't force you to do it, no. It was your own decision. But since you got home this morning, you couldn't stop thinking about how you'd slept with Akaashi the night before — or so you thought. Because of alcohol, you couldn't clearly remember what had happened; how you threw yourself onto Akaashi and how he had to force himself to reject you. Still, when you woke up beside Akaashi this morning, you realized..

This was what you wanted. Waking up to Akaashi. Falling asleep with Akaashi. Doing anything and everything with Akaashi.

It always has been.

It always will be Akaashi Keiji. No matter what happened and what happens, your heart will always yearn for him and him alone. You were too blinded by how it was Asano that was with you in America, not Keiji. But you still had the choice to go home to Japan, to Keiji. This was your own fault.

"Akaashi." You croaked out, feeling the tears fill up your eyes. You inhaled sharply before looking Kuroo in the eyes. "I still love Akaashi, Kuroo."

-

"Kenma!" Atsumu exclaimed through the phone. "It's kind of weird that you called but what's up!"

"I didn't call you, Atsumu." He heard Kenma sigh. "Why do you keep getting a hold of Osamu's phone?"

"Osamu's still closing up the shop." Atsumu shrugged, burying his free hand in his pocket while the other held tightly onto his twin brother's phone. The cold breeze hitting his skin made him involuntarily shiver. "So, what's up?"

"I think it's better if I talk to Osamu about this." Kenma inhaled sharply. "I assume you and... Y/n are still not in speaking terms."

"Y/n? What about her? N-not like I care!" Atsumu huffed.

"See, it's better if I speak to Osamu."

"No, no! You can tell me!" Atsumu pleaded. "Osamu's been keeping it a secret but I know he and Y/n have been seeing each other behind me and Rin's backs."

"Off topic." Kenma sighs. "It's an emergency, though. Y/n's here. In my house. She showed up about an hour ago all beaten up. Please come stop by if you can."

Although it had been roughly 30 minutes since Atsumu had that conversation with Kenma, he couldn't help but feel uneasy. He hadn't said a word to his twin brother, Osamu, and just quietly lead him to Kenma's house. What was there to say, anyway? He knew Osamu thought he was still mad at you (and he was), but you needed help. Of course Atsumu would drop everything just to be by your side.

When the two arrived to Kenma's house, Osamu shot Atsumu a confused look. The faux blonde entered the door before spotting you and Kuroo cuddled together — you were shaking, and it was evident that Kuroo was having a hard time comforting you. Atsumu looked back at his twin and briefly saw that his eyes widened, as he desparately ran to you.

Osamu eyed you, from your face down to your toes and noticed how your bruises worsened, and new ones started to appear. "Y-Y/n." He crouched down in front of you.

"She called off the engagement." Kuroo answered for you, while Osamu engulfed you in an embrace. You were more comfortable with Osamu after all.

You didn't say a word. You weren't even paying attention to the conversation that Kuroo and Osamu had. You just stayed wrapped in Osamh's embrace. You felt safe. Secured. As if no harm would come to you anymore.

But then it hit you.

"Hiroshi." You croaked out, pushing yourself away from Osamu's embrace. "H-Hiroshi is still back there. I-I can't leave him." You weakly shook Osamu's arm. "I h-have to g-get Hiroshi." You sniffled. "H-Hiroshi will be the one i-in danger because of me."

What you didn't know was that Atsumu was quietly listening in the far back, planning out an escape for the little boy Hiroshi that you loved dearly.