[ 61 ] Take it easy

You walked alongside Bokuto in the crowded streets of Tokyo. He asked you to tag along with him, since he was having dinner with his team. "It'll be fun!" He said. So who were you to decline?

You haven't seen Bokuto that much as well. And since that awkward moment in the train station with Akaashi, you figured you wouldn't hear from the two for a while. 

Surprisingly you noticed how hard Bokuto was trying to get you and Akaashi to be in the same room together, and sometimes, alone. He'd purposely out himself when Akaashi would arrive to the said place you'd agree to meet in and wouldn't come back until after a few minutes later. 

You appreciated how hard Bokuto was trying to not be obvious, but we all know he was the most obvious person there. You'd occasionally spot him winking or grinning at Akaashi when he spotted the two of you sitting or walking together. 

You sensed something weird was going on but you didn't mind it. Maybe it was just Bokuto being Bokuto. But no matter what was going to happen, you promised yourself you wouldn't let your feelings get in the way of work. 

Yes, you admit you had feelings for Akaashi. These feelings were different, though. They were stronger than before. You were a grown adult now and not a high schooler being confused every minute. You knew how you felt about Akaashi but you were afraid he didn't feel the same way. 

It's been 6 years, after all. Who knows, he might be happy with someone else and he was keeping it a secret. Now that you thought about it, Akaashi has been telling you he can't walk to the train station with you because apparently he's been "busy."

"Hey, look, there's Hinata and Kageyama!" Bokuto pulled your arm as he waved to Hinata through the crowd. 

Hinata did the same as well, and the four of you met in the middle. While Hinata and Bokuto conversed nonsense, you saw Kageyama smiling from the corner of your eye. You smiled, burying your hands in the pockets of your coat, shielding it from the cold wind and slowly walked towards Kageyama. 

"I remember you telling me you hated that 'dumbass, short tangerine who's always so noisy' back in high school." You nudged him by the elbow, giggling. 

Kageyama darted his eyes at you and furrowed his eyebrows. Despite it being freezing cold, you could see the natural pink hues show up in Kageyama's cheeks. "Shut up..."

"Hey, I'm just telling you what you told me back then." You shrugged innocently, smiling at him. "I'm glad you got to tell him how you felt, though." 

"I-I guess so.." He replied, barely a whisper. "Enough about that dumbass. What about you, Y/n-chan?" He shifted his gaze to look down at you. 

"What about me?" You raised an eyebrow. 

"How are things with Akaashi-san?" 

Kageyama's question caught you off-guard and you choked on your saliva. You desperately tried to clear your throat while feeling the heat immerse to your cheeks. Swallowing thickly, you looked to your feet so Kageyama couldn't see you.

"We're just friends, Kageyama." You tried chuckling it off but you heard him scoff. You looked up to him to see him smirking. 

"You were never good at lying, Y/n-chan." He let out a breath through his nose and noticed Hinata and Bokuto walking towards you and him. "You shouldn't miss this second chance." He quickly whispered before Hinata linked their arms together.