[ 5 ] Distance between us

𝘽𝙞𝙘𝙝 ✨😌⚠️ 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚
Tap to see message.

𝘽𝙞𝙘𝙝 ✨😌⚠️
Im in town.

𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙥 💀✨🤩
YOURE FUCKING KIDDING

𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙥 💀✨🤩
Come pick me up after classss let's
hang out pls i miss ur salty ass

𝘽𝙞𝙘𝙝 ✨😌⚠️
Ew, do I look like a baby sitter
to you?

𝙎𝙞𝙢𝙥 💀✨🤩
I

stg youre such a bitch

𝘽𝙞𝙘𝙝 ✨😌⚠️
No u are
seen at 12:46 pm

-

You were currently standing near the gate, eyes glued to your phone, waiting for your best friend to arrive. The meeting in your Journalism Club had briefly ended, as well as the boys' volleyball practice.

Bokuto and Akaashi were standing near the entrance of the gym, eyeing you suspiciously. "I don't get it, Akaashi." Bokuto whined, getting fairly impatient. "Why can't we just ask her who she's waiting for?"

"Because it'd be weird." Retorted the setter.

"For you! Not for me. L/n is like my little sister, if I ask her, it wouldn't be suspicious. Compared to what you're doing." He rolled his eyes, huffing.

"Fine," Akaashi gave in, mainly because he was curious.

As Bokuto and Akaashi neared you, they stopped in their tracks. They saw a fairly tall guy, around Bokuto's height and was slouching profusely. Akaashi eyed him intently. He had brown hair that looked like an upgraded version of Buttercup's from Powerpuff Girls. Weird, Akaashi thought.

The guy entered the campus and immediately upon spotting you, he smirked and carried you into a hug. You looked too comfortable with each other, which made Akaashi cringe.

"Do you think L/n-chan had a secret boyfriend all along?" Bokuto gasped, frowning. "My Akaashi x L/n ship will never sail now."

-

You spotted your best friend walking into campus, his usual stoic expression plastered on his face. He always reminded you of Akaashi. You giggled when you noticed that your best friend finally saw you, grinning and running to him, giving him a hug as he carried you.

"You bitch, I thought you'd never come." You playfully hit his back as your best friend put you down.

He shrugged. "I got lost on the way, dumbass. You didn't give proper directions."

"I was too excited! We haven't seen each other in decades." You groaned.

"You're exaggerating." He shook his head, putting his arm around your shoulder, and your arm around his waist as you made it out of the campus.

Akaashi felt his chest tighten. Was this the person you'd been writing about in youe journal? Bokuto's words were now lingering in his mind. Secret boyfriend? You would have told Akaashi about that, right? Or were you not on that level of your friendship?

But for now, I am contented with the distance between us. Those were the exact words written on a page in your journal. Maybe Akaashi was too late for you.

-

You and your best friend were seated across each other in your favorite café. It had been a few months since you last saw each other, considering he lived in Hyogo prefecture which was about an hour travel from Tokyo.

"How are the twins?" You asked, sipping your cup of hot choco.

"Tsumu's still annoying as hell." He replied casually, his phone in hand as he texted their group chat.

"I see Samu's still the better twin." You giggled, earning a nod from your friend.

"Forever and always."

"Hey, you never added me back in the group chat since I left." You pouted.

"It's not my fault you have a hot head."

"Tsumu was teasing me!"

"Still not my fault you left."

You groaned, "add me back!"

"Already did." He huffed, putting his phone on the table. "So, you still living in that shithole you call home?"

You sighed, putting your hot cup of choco down and nodding, earning a sighed response from your best friend. "Y/n, I told you a million times, you can always move in with my Aunt. She loves having you."

You shook her head. "I told you, I can handle myself. I don't want to burden your Aunt. She's already giving me a weekly allowance, and I'm not her obligation to begin with."

"But she wants you to be. You're basically family." He shrugged. "And I do prefer you live with her and not embarrass yourself by living in that shithole. I mean, imagine being friends with you." He teased.

"Rintarou, I swear you hate me." You rolled your eyes and thanked the waitress who placed yours and Suna's food on the table.

You and Suna Rintarou have been friends for as long as any of you could remember. Both assumed that they were friends since birth, considering how close you were to his family. Your family was rather distant, and you haven't seen either your mom or dad since the incident. Thus the reason you were living alone and were given allowances by Suna's aunt, and occassionally, Suna's parents.

You and Suna ate in silence, both on your phones. Suna was texting the Inarizaki group chat while you were reviewing your biology for your graded quiz the next day. You remained this way until Suna broke the comfortable silence.

"So, how's that pretty boy Akaashi you were crushing on?" Suna asks nonchalantly, as if the mention of his name didn't give you butterflies in your stomach.

"Still just a crush. We won't be together any time soon, if that's what you're thinking." You frowned.

"Cause you're a pussy."

"Shut up, Rintarou!"

You sat in thought. Maybe you should tell hin how you felt, but surely not now. You just officially became friends. Akaashi might think you were weird; you can't risk that. You agreed with your mind that someday, you'd tell Akaashi how you truly felt.

For now, you were comfortable with the distance between you.