[ 37 ] emergency

Author's Note:

it's currently 12:21 am as i am writing this and my brain isnt working well but i wanted to update so i apologize if this is poorly written i shall make up for it in the next chapter. bye love yall stay healthy

-

"Y/n-chan!" exclaimed Bokuto from afar. He happily skipped towards you when he noticed that you'd seen him. You smiled. "Bokuto-san." you waved at him.

He held the strap of his bag before throwing his arm around your shoulder, as the two of you made your way to the gym for Bokuto's practice. "So, how'd it go with my bro Kuroo~" he grinned, as if he knew what had happened last night.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked up at him. "You planned this, didn't you? You set us up." You rolled your eyes. "You even told him Akaashi and I were never a—"

"Ah, ah, we do not speak of that traitor's name." Bokuto placed a finger on your mouth, making you blush furiously. You slapped his finger away and he laughed. "You're so adorable, Y/n-chan!"

(Akaashi heard this and saw you two from afar. He felt extremely jealous but nonetheless continued to ignore you.)

When you finally arrived at the gym, you waved goodbye to Bokuto. But he had other plans. He wrapped his arms around you, pinning your arms down. "You have to stay here, Y/n-chan!" He huffed.

You giggled. "Bokuto, I still have chem homework to do. I asked Kuroo for some help again tonight and he told me he would."

Bokuto released you from his embrace, showing you a frown. He was badly thinking of a way to make you stay, knowing Kuroo would come pick you up and take you on a surprise date. He then remembered how extremely protective you'd be when he went on his emo-mode. So, being the dramatic upperclassman he was, he slumped his shoulder down as well as his head. He turned around, walking towards the bleachers and sitting down. His head rested on the palm of his hand, and his elbows were on his knees.

You rolled your eyes, shaking your head. You walked over to Bokuto and sat beside him, putting your hands on your lap. "The boys are starting their practice." You said curtly. "They need their captain. Most importantly, their ace." You smirked, knowing Bokuto would be thrilled to hear those words.

Even when Bokuto's heart was jumping with so much joy, he remained his composure. He just had to wait a little while longer until Kuroo arrives. You sighed. "Come on, Koutarou." You put a hand on his shoulder. "You aren't really sad that I'd have to leave early, now are you?"

Bokuto squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. He wouldn't give in to you. Just a little while longer now... "Kou, I need to finish this homework. Our homeworks are like, 40% of our grade." You reasoned with him, but he still wouldn't listen.

Finally, Bokuto saw Kuroo from outside the gym. Kuroo waved at Bokuto, and he grinned. He stood up from his seat seeing Kuroo walk towards the gym doors. He turned to you with a mischievous grin. "Sorry, Y/n, but the team needs their ace." He winked at you, before skipping to the court.

You rolled your eyes, unsure of what you had just witnessed. Turning around, you saw a familiar face standing by the gym door. Your eyes met and you swore you felt your cheeks hotter than actual magma. So this was why Bokuto needed you to stay longer. Is it just me, or did he get hotter over the span of 5 months..? You shook your head, pushing away thoughts thay would lead you to simp for the guy.