[ 2 ] Bokuto's idea

You arrived home late, seeing as yoj got caught up by the rain. Stepping into your one-bedroom apartment, you whispered, "I'm home," to no one but yourself.

You took off your muddy school shoes which you now had to clean, and wore your house slippers before heading to the dining room and setting the microwavable food you had bought from the convenience store.

Putting your bag on the couch, you opened it hoping to write on her journal of the eventless day that had once passed. Panicking, you realized your journal was nowhere to be found. Would I ever leave it at home? No. But would I ever be clumsy and irresponsible enough to leave it at school? Yes.

Quickly, you went on your phone to text everyone you'd been with at a certain place, where you might have left your journal.

Morning classes went by smoothly for both Akaashi and Bokuto. They didn't have anything important to do, so they waited patiently as lunch break finally arrived.

Bokuto quickly ran down the stairs to the 2nd years' floor, hoping to walk with his best friend to the cafeteria. "Akaashi!" He exclaims, grinning, as he saw his, as always, emotionless-looking friend.

He ran down the hallway and put his arm around Akaashi's shoulder, gleefully walking to the apartment.

"B-Bokuto-san!" Exclaimed a very faint voice, to which Bokuto immediately riddled out the owner. "Oh, L/n-chan! How lovely to see you!"

You stood crouching in front of Akaashi and Bokuto, breathlessly panting as you ran down the hallway just to meet with your senior. "Is something the matter, L/n-chan?" Spoke Akaashi.

You finally stood up straight, fidgeting your fingers. "I was hoping to talk to Bokuto-senpai. Journalism-related. For the school paper." You blabbered, hoping Akaashi wouldn't be curious.

He was always curious, though. Everything you did interested him. But of course, he couldn't just corner you. He simply nodded and told Bokuto that he would wait for him in the cafeteria, going about his way.

"L/n-chan?" The owl-like senior tilted his head in an adorable manner, still wondering why his kouhai was breathless.

"B-Bokuto, I was just wondering if you might've found a journal at the bench outside of the gym yesterday." She nervously asked, her panic internally growing as her senpai replied with a 'no.'

"Sorry, L/n-chan." He pouted.

"B-but I need it! It's my journal, and god knows who might have it! All my personal information are there!" You panicked even more, your hands now shaking.

If anyone read my diary and spread about the entries I'd written of Akaashi... He might as well consider me as someone dead to him.

"Don't worry, L/n-chan! Your senpai will do his best to help you!" Bokuto grinned from ear to ear, giving you a thumbs-up.

You both parted ways, spending the rest of the few minutes your lunch break had.

Akaashi sat quietly in front of Bokuto at lunch, holding himself back from asking about what you needed from him.

Bokuto cleared his throat. "L/n's diary is missing." He snickered.

Akaashi choked on his food before quickly drinking from his bottled green tea, taking a deep breath before facing Bokuto. "D-diary?"

Bokuto nodded. "She believes she left it on the bench outside our gym. Maybe one of the boys accidentally took it so I'm helping her out!"

Akaashi knew he had to give it back to you somehow. But the thought of giving it to you personally was too embarrassing. Maybe if Bokuto gave it, it'd be less embarrassing. Maybe.

"I have L/n-san's diary." Akaashi spoke casually, making Bokuto choke like he did. "I guess I'll give it to you to give to her and-"

"No!" Bokuto exclaimed. "This is your chance, you'll get to know about her! Learn about her! Akaashi, this is exciting!"

He shook his head, but before he could, Bokuto cut him off. "You want to ask her out, don't you?" Akaashi nodded. "Then try and know a thing or two about her through her diary. It'll be a piece of cake! Am I amazing or what!?"

Akaashi sighs. "Amazingly stupid." He stood up from his seat, before eyeing Bokuto. "I'll give it to her after class."

Akaashi eagerly walked to his classroom, hoping there were still no people. His original plan was to leave your diary under your desk on the cubby, but somehow, his friend's idiotic idea stuck in his mind. Know a thing or two about her... Maybe that wouldn't be so bad... right?

He closed his eyes and flipped through the pages, stopping in the middle to read a thing or two about her.