[ 39 ] unexpected Valentine's date

A blink of an eye. That's what it all took for time to suddenly pass by so quickly. A blink of an eye, and here you were with a month of school left.

You haven't spoken to Keiji since he got out of the hospital. You frequently only visited him when he was asleep, avoiding any awkward coversation between you two in hopes of not giving him any headaches.

After Rintarou's sudden news to you, you started deeply thinking about it. Your life would be so much better if you transferred to the US. Not only that, but you got a full scholarship to Brown University as well. This was all thanks to Rintarou, who had the idiotic idea in the first place.

Bokuto and Akaashi were back to being friends, seeing as it was Bokuto who watched over the 2 week-long hospitalization of Akaashi. He couldn't put to words how incredibly grateful he was for Bokuto, despite their petty fights and Akaashi being a next-level dumbass.

As for Akaashi and Ichigo, as quickly as the two came together, the end of their fuck-buddy relationship was quite abrupt as well. Turns out, it was her fault Akaashi got in an accident in the first place. The two were bickering in the sidewalk while waiting for the traffic light to turn green so they could cross the road. Akaashi had straightforwardly told Ichigo that after their two weeks together, he needed it to end. Out of anger, Ichigo pushed him and he stumbled towards the street, causing a car to hit him.

He'd filed a restraining order against Kozume Ichigo the moment he got out of the hospital, with Bokuto's help.

Kuroo and you remained friends as well, occassionally hitting each other up and asking how the other was. Kenma heard of what happened from Kuroo - from the time Ichigo was harassing Akaashi to the part where she sent him to the ER. He'd apologized a million times now and told you if ever you need anything, he'd do his best to give it to you or lend you a helping hand. You were sure to keep note of that.

Akaashi's birthday passed and you only greeted him through text. You couldn't dare face him. You skipped the Winter Dance as well, despite you being one of the people who were to be recognized for their works and preparations for the dance. You had no one to go with, either way. What's fun about sitting alone while watching other couples dance?

Nationals had gone by quickly and Fukurodani was eliminated in the Finals. Everyone was devastated, especially Bokuto. You silently watched in the bleachers, admiring Akaashi from afar. A part of you wanted to reconcile with him even if you two would be just friends, you were okay with that. You didn't want to leave Japan with you and Akaashi ending on a misunderstanding...

And now here you were, staring at nothing, sitting on the floor of your living room while Suna and the Atsumu bickered. The three decided to visit you today, seeing as it was the weekend and Valentine's Day. They didn't want you to be alone.

"What do you think, Y/n?!" Atsumu exclaimed, shaking you by your knee to get your attention. "I'm a top, right?!" He asked.

You furrowed your eyebrows and cringed your nose. "If this is your way of telling me you and Rin are dating, revise it a little. If not, it'll just sound like you're making fun of the gay community or something."

Atsumu dramatically clenched his chest. "Making fun? How is that making fun of the gay community?!" He retorted.

"You're acting as if you are gay, when you're not. Or at least you haven't told me you are." You shrugged, switching your sitting position.

"Oh, yeah..." Atsumu rubbed the back of his neck before clearing his throat. "If we were gay," He started once more, gesturing to him and Suna. "I'd definitely top, right?"

You giggled when Suna smacked the back of Atsumu's head. "Shut up, will you? You're being unreasonable." He shook his head, standing up to get snacks. "And, I'd be the top between us two."

"I say you guys switch." Osamu casually drops his throught and shrugs. "Even I admit Atsumu can be... controlling at certain times."

You hummed in agreement. "I'm with Osamu. Rin just naturally lets out his dom side, you know? It's less intimidating when people can literally tell you're a top-slash-dom."

Irritated by what you said, Rintarou makes his way to you and kneels down, before grabbing your neck from behind and pulling your head closer to his. Your eyes widen and your breath hitched at the obvious fact that your faces were millimeters away. You bit your lip, looking straight into Suna's piercing gaze. The last time your faces were this close was a few months ago, the night you found out Akaashi had your journal. But that night, Suna had kissed you.

"Is this being less intimidating, Y/n?" Suna spoke in a low tone, his voice barely a whisper. His breath trickled your nose and you gulped when you saw him smirk, your cheeks tinted a light pink.

"Oi, enough of that." Osamu rolls his eyes, putting his hand on Suna's shoulder and pushing him away from you. "Let's get back to the board game now."

"Don't ever give me a reason to assert my dominance, Y/n." Suna smirked for the last time before releasing his grip on the back of your neck and sitting on the floor with the rest of you.

You remained silent and continued playing the board game Osamu had brought from Hyogo. It was nearing dinner time which meant you and the guys had to cook. Atsumu's grumbling stomach reminded you the last time that you had to cook, making you groan.

Suna and Atsumu helped you and Osamu prepare the ingredients you needed for the food. They looked like kids with their eyes glistening at the aroma of the soup Osamu was making and some of the meat that you were frying. You ordered the two to prepare the table the moment you heard the rice cooker make a clicking sound, indicating that the rice was done.

Turning the stove off, Osamu gleefully announced that you and him were done cooking. Suna and Atsumu was already seated at the table, a grin on their mouths. You giggled at how adorable the two were. You and Osamu shortly joined them, sitting on the chairs as well.

Itadakimasu!

The four of you enjoyed the peaceful Valentine's Day with each other, just like you'd envisioned. Although a few months ago you hoped you'd spend it with Akaashi, this was better. The twins and Suna were family to you, and you wouldn't exchange them for the world.

During supper you three conversed about anything and everything - mostly just Suna bringing up the topic of you moving to the United States in less than a month. You really didn't want to talk about it but you understood Suna's concern for you was great.

A knock was heard on the door, causing the four of you to eye each other. "Did anyone order anything or something?" Atsumu asks.

You shook your head before standing up. "I'll go get it."

You made your way to the foyer and quickly brushed your hair with your fingers, hoping you looked presentable to the person who was waiting outside the door. You opened the door, revealing a flushed Akaashi. This felt like deja vu - he used to always do this before. What was he doing here now? Before you could even speak up, he cut you off.

"May I please take you out on a date?"

Author's Note:

heyo guys ik i suck 😣 im sorry if the story isnt reaching any of ur expectations dhskdbsish

also i appreciate everyone who's been commenting !!! 🥺🥺 i love reading yalls comments. ive just rlly been busy lately and now im on my goddamn period so 😃🔫

THANK U FOR 10K READS 🤯🤯🤯

STAY SAFE EVERYONE, I love yall. hope ure feeling greater than i am