[ 35 ] Bokuto's confession

Akaashi nervously entered the campus gates, hoping that he'd see you, but at the same time, hoping he wouldn't. You didn't reply to his text yesterday, mainly because you really had nothing to say.

He wondered if today would be any different than the days from two weeks ago — when you'd purposely avoid him. He was even amazed at how determined you were to avoid him, seeing as you quit the club you're most passionate about. He knew how much you loved writing and yet you quit the club just for him not to come looking for you.

He still had a slight advantage there. If you didn't want to show your face to him in school, he could just gladly stop by your apartment — unless you had miraculously found an apartment that was as nice and cheap as your current one.

His thoughts come to an immediate end when he saw a familiar short brown-haired girl walking his way. She smirked at him before skipping towards him. "Keiji~" she cooed, grabbing his arm, making him flinch and cringe.

"I told you not to call me that, Ichigo." He glared at her, prying his arm out of her tight grasp. She purposely placed his arm in between her boobs and it made Akaashi extremely uncomfortable.

She crossed her arms, pouting. "But you call me by my first name. I thought we were in that level now!"

Akaashi clicked his tongue. "Everyone calls you by your first name. Also, it'd be weird calling you Kozume. It feels as if I'm talking to your cousin."

She completely ignored his reply, grabbing his hand and skipping towards his classroom. He forcefully pulled his hand away from her before seeing her pout. "Why do you still keep pushing me away, Keiji? Aren't you and Y/n over? You two haven't been together."

Akaashi tensed up hearing what Ichigo had said and froze in his spot. He pursed his lips, looking back at her with a glare before realizing she might be right. You and Akaashi haven't been speaking to one another and haven't seen each other since that day in the arcade where you turned your back on him. Maybe you really were broken up... he never had the strength to confirm it with you. He was afraid to.

Being lost in his thoughts, Ichigo walked toward him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "So I have my answer." She smirked. "It's okay, Keiji. You can have me. I'll help clear your mind. I'll be your little secret."

Akaashi wasn't thinking straight at this point. He thought about everything that had happened and wondered if it was best to leave you alone. He also wondered if Ichigo was the person to help him rid of his thoughts. Who would suspect him with Ichigo, anyway? Just keep it lowkey. Relieve stress.

The only question was, was this a good thing to do?

-

Bokuto frantically walked around the second-year building in hopes of finding you. He didn't have much time before homeroom to talk to you so he figured he had enough time during lunch break. He stopped by your club room asking a few of your friends when you were, unaware you'd quit a few weeks ago. He grew worried. Maybe you really didn't want to be involved with Akaashi anymore.

No, he couldn't just assume of those things. Bokuto loved you and saw you as a younger sister. He felt the same way with Akaashi. To others, Bokuto may seem like the person to only care about himself and volleyball or "being the best," but in all honesty, you and Akaashi were the only two people he really, truly cared about.

Turning the corner to where your classroom was, his eyes beamed seeing you still packing up your things. No one else was in the classroom so this was his chance. He sprinted inside like a madman and closed the door behind him. "Y/n!" he exclaimed, as if you two weren't close to each other already.

Startled, your whole body jolted up and you fell on the ground ass-first. "Ow," you grumbled, rubbing your ass cheek. You looked up to see Bokuto extending a hand out, and he pulled you up. He mumbled a 'sorry' while sheepishly smiling and scratching the back of his head.

He helped you sit on your chair and he took a chair for himself, sitting in front of you. "What's up? Did you really have to startle me?" You plopped your elbows onto your desk, resting your head on your palm.

"Ah, I wanted to talk to you. I've been looking everywhere for you!" Bokuto flailed his arms around in the air.

"You could have just texted me, you know that, right, Bokuto-san?" You raised an eyebrow.

He widened his eyes, before resting his chin on the table, pouting. "I never thought of that..."

You rolled your eyes before laughing. You then leaned your back on the chair before crossing your arms. "What did you need?"

Bokuto looked up at you from where his head laid, and shifted his head so he'd be laying on his cheek. He sighed. "I'm sorry, Y/n-chan. I haven't been honest with you. I'm the reason why Akaashi kept your diary in the first place." He paused, looking away from you.

Your eyes widened at his confession, nevertheless you stayed quiet, urging him to continue. "The day you came to me looking for it, I found out that Akaashi was the one who found it and he told me he'd return it to you. B-but I forced him to keep it to know more about you so he would know what to say to you o-or give you." He started blabbering, hiding his face. "It's just that I know how much Akaashi likes you since your freshman year together but he was always too scared to approach you. I just wanted to help him. I didn't know it would lead to this."

Your gaze on Bokuto softened. He suddenly lunged at you and hugged you tightly. "I'm so sorry, Y/n-chan! If you want to blame someone, blame me! If you want someone to be mad at, be mad at me! Not Akaashi! It's my fault you're not in good terms! I-It's my fault!" He buried his face on the crook of your neck, biting his lower lip, trying not to cry.

Despite Bokuto being your upperclassman, he always had a heart of a child and that's what you loved about him. But what he did was wrong and selfish, to say the least. But you couldn't bare to be angry at him. Compared to Akaashi, Bokuto actually was honest with you. You still believed Akaashi cheated on you and used you, and there was no helping it.

You wrapped your arms around Bokuto's bigger form, hugging him back. "It's okay, Koutarou. I'm not mad at you." You sighed while smiling. Whoever would end up marrying Bokuto in the future would be one lucky girl. You rubbed Bokuto's back in hopes of comforting him.

A little while later he pulled away, nose all red. He frowned when he saw you smile at him. "W-Will you and Akaashi be okay now? Please tell me you'll be okay."

You paused, thinking about it. Maybe you two would be okay, maybe you won't. You knew you were sure of one thing — you still love him.

You sighed before standing up and getting your bag. "We'll see, Bokuto-san."