[ 36 ] a date with Kuroo

"I knew you were a freak in bed but I didn't think you'd be this good." Ichigo panted, covering her body with her blanket as she watched Akaashi change into his clothes.

"Just shut up." He rolled his eyes, buckling his belt before wearing his shirt and his shoes.

"Leaving so soon? Stay with me, Keiji." She pouted at him.

He'd already gone out the door by the time she was begging him to stay. Guilt immediately takes over his body as he walked down the now quiet streets of Tokyo. This has been going on for two weeks. Two. Weeks. He couldn't deny Ichigo was an attractive girl but to be her fuck buddy? He never even thought he'd have the such a title with anyone, how much more her. He despised her for the way she treated you and yet here he was, walking home from Ichigo's damn apartment. (and to clarify, you and Akaashi are broken up)

He ran his hand through his hair, gripping it tightly. When did it get to this? He'd distanced himself from you and Bokuto ever since you came back from Hyogo. He wouldn't even exchange eye-contact with Bokuto and after volleyball practice, he'd rush home. God, when did it get to this?

A sudden pain hit Akaashi's shoulder, making him wince. His gaze was shifted from the concrete floor below his feet to the familiar owl-like eyes of none other than Bokuto Koutarou. His eyes widened. "Akaashi?" Bokuto squinted his eyes, unsure if what he was seeing were true or a mere hallucination.

Akaashi's hair was extremely tousled, his bare chest exposed as well as hickeys from his neck, and he had his bag over his shoulder. Bokuto's eyes widen in realization. Was Akaashi sleeping with someone? He was so sure it wasn't you, because he was just on his way home from your apartment.

"Bokuto-san." His voice came out more of an exclaimed tone than his usual low and calm voice. He cleared his throat, trying so hard to surpress his nervousness. "Why are you out late, still?"

"Cut the crap, Akaashi." Bokuto said through gritted teeth, grabbing Akaashi by the collar. "The real question is, what the fuck has been happening to you? I'm supoosed to be your best friend, Akaashi, and you never even looked at me in the eye for the last two weeks! It's obvious you're hiding something so just spill it. Who are you fucking?!" He forcefully shook Akaashi, before his underclassman pryed Bokuto's hands from his collar.

He knew this day would come. He knew that Bokuto would find out eventually, so why did he hide this? It was because he didn't want you knowing. He didn't want you to think he'd moved on so fast from you. You were his everything, he loves you, and still he knew what he was doing was dumb.

Akaashi lowered his head in both guilt and embarrassment. "Ichigo."

A fist came in contact with Akaashi's jaw, causing him to grunt in pain. He held his face before looking back to Bokuto whose eyes were glaring at him. "Don't you ever talk to me again. And don't even think about talking to Y/n or approaching her, or Kuroo and I will beat you up. You're a fucking asshole." and with that, Bokuto left.

Akaashi still processed what had happened. Bokuto... punched him? It wasn't like he didn't deserve it. He just didn't think he'd be the first person Bokuto ever punched.

Ah, this is definitely going to hurt like a bitch tomorrow.

-

Meanwhile in your apartment, you were debating whether or not to contact Kuroo. You'd been struggling with chemistry for the past hour that Bokuto had been here, and when he was about to leave, he gave you Kuroo's contact number.

You stared at the contact info on your phone; your mind completely and utterly pushing away any bad thoughts — specifically Akaashi and how he'd ghosted you. Ugh, what a dick.

Out of anger, you thought that maybe, just maybe, if Akaashi found out you were talking to Kuroo, he'd be jealous — that is, if he still had feelings for you. You vividly remembered Akaashi's annoyed look when you were hanging out with Kuroo during camp. You didn't deny at all that you missed him, but... you know, whatever.

You pressed on Kuroo's number and called it, the phone ringing a few times before he picked it up. "Hello?" His low voice rang through the other end of the call. When did he sound so hot? You didn't remember Kuroo sounding this way 5 months ago. "Uh, hello?" He spoke once more, startling you.

"A-ano, this is L/n Y/n from Fukurodani! Bokuto gave me your number. Do you... remember me?" You nervously bit your lower lip before hearing him chuckle. I wish the earth would swallow me whole... this man is hot.

"How can I forget such a beautiful face?" He was smirking. You could just feel it radiate out of your phone. You groaned.

"Haha, very funny. Anyways, chicken-head, I need help with chemistry." You tapped the eraser point of your pencil on the desk in front of you. You heard a shuffling background through the phone.

"Chemistry? You called just the right person!" You laughed. He sounded so excited, he reminded you of a child. "So, what do you need help with?"

You spent the rest of your night on-call with Kuroo, who was helping you with chem homework. You got to learn more about him. You really thought he was just some muscular, hot, high-school kid whose life revolved around volleyball and he'd leave his homework for someone else to do or something. But he was actually smart. Brains and beauty, I suppose...

The time came when you two had to say youe goodbyes, but ended up talking 25 more minute than you should have.

"Okay, that was corny, Kuroo." You giggled at him attempting to do a pickup line on you once again, but this time, with the periodic table of elements.

"I'm surprised you even got it. I knew I'm a good teacher." He pat himself on the shoulder before chuckling.

There was a comfortable silence seeping through and there was nothing in between you other than yours and his phone. You heard him chuckle once more.

"Say, L/n, will you go on a date with me?" Your breath hitched, seeing as you were caught off guard by his question. Date? Did you want to go on a date with Kuroo? Was it too soon? Maybe he meant it like a friendly date? You didn't want Kuroo to be a rebound. You more thoughtful of what he'd feel. You weren't like that.

"Ah, shit, sorry. Do you still have the hots for Akaashi or something? It's just that Bokuto told me you two were never a thing and—"

"Wait, Bokuto said Akaashi and I were never a thing?" you sat up on your bed, shocked with the new information that was given you. I guess Bokuto favored me more than he did Akaashi...

"Yeah." Kuroo's voice was confident and sure. "I-I mean if you aren't comfortable with going out with me than it's really fine—"

"Okay." You cut him off, biting your tongue before cringing your nose. It's just one date...

"O-okay as in you'll go on a date with me or okay as in you aren't comfortable with the though—

"Kuroo, yes! I'll go on a date with you, silly." You giggled, feeling a slight weight lifted off your chest.

"Oh, thank god," You heard Kuroo breath out nervously before he chuckled. "That was nerve-wrecking."

"So... I'll see you soon, then?" You asked him, a smile itching to show on your face.

"I'll see you soon."