[ 45 ] Shocking news

6 years later ; 2018. Tokyo, Japan

"Mommy!" The sweet voice of a little boy called out to you as he rushed to your side. "I've been looking everywhere for you!" He beamed, pulling you in for a hug.

"Oh, dear," You giggled, engulfing him in an embrace. "You seem so cheery, my boy."

"It's my first time in a big arena, mommy! Uncle was never interested in men's volleyball back in the US." He replied curtly, releasing you from his tight hug and sitting on the empty seat beside you.

"Speaking of which, where is that uncle of yours? What's taking him so long?" You pat his head.

As if on cue, you'd locked eyes with his uncle, who was idly walking towards the two of you. You'd saved a seat for him before the match started.

"My love," He called out, nearing you and the little boy beside you. He placed a kiss on your forehead and sat beside his nephew, who was in between the two of you.

The little boy cringed his nose. "Ew, get a room!" He exclaims, huffing, and crossing his arms. You and his uncle laughed.

You were currently in the Kamei Arena Sendai stadium with Asano and his nephew, where the V.League Division 1 match between MSBY Black Jackals and Schweiden Adlers will take place. This was nerve-wrecking for you, seeing as it was the first time in 6 years that you were back to Japan from America. This was a sudden trip as well.

When you'd mentioned one day that you were former friends with the wing spiker and setter of MSBY Black Jackals, the team that Asano had been fanboying about, he immediately purchased a plane ticket for you, him, and his nephew, to watch the upcoming match that were to be held in Japan.

"Say, mommy, which one of those players was your friend?" Hiroshi, Asano's nephew, tapped your shoulder, pointing towards the players who were starting their warmup.

You smiled at the memory of Bokuto and Atsumu. You shifted your gaze around the court, trying to find the spiky, black and white haired player, along with the blonde. You idly point out towards the court. "Those two players, jersey number 12 and 13."

"Y-you were friends with Miya Atsumu?!" He shook your arm and jumped up. "That's so cool, mommy! Could you introduce me to them?!"

"I doubt they would remember me, sweetie. I haven't spoken to them in 6 years." You gave an apologetic smile, patting the head of Hiroshi.

He frowned, sitting back down. "Well, I'm still happy I get to watch their match in person!"

You giggled, "Me too, Hiro."

While waiting for the match to start, you felt your stomach grumble. Asano took notice of this and offered to buy you food from the food stalls. "I'll go buy some myself, love," You answered, before standing up. "I'll go with you!" Hiroshi confidently stands up and grabs your hand, claiming he'd 'protect you from any guys.'

You two made your way to the food stalls, with Hiroshi sharing his thoughts about the Jackals and how he was confident they'd win. The stadium was filled with so much chattering and it brought you back to the time you watched Fukurodani during the Nationals. Your mind wandered off, reminiscing the past. How were the twins doing? You assumed they were well. Atsumu and Bokuto went pro, just like both of them wanted. And as far as you heard, Osamu had his own onigiri shop now.