[ 30 ] an untimely accident

"Akaashi, it's been a week." The soft voice of Konoha called out to Akaashi, breaking out of his daze.

Akaashi looked at Konoha wearily — his water bottle in his hand and his towel draped around his neck. "I'm fine, Konoha-san." His eyes screamed out lies and Konoha didn't believe a single thing he said.

Konoha put a hand on Akaashi's shoulder, gripping it tightly. "Stop sulking. We need you, Akaashi. You're suppose to be the sane one."

"How can he be sane when he isn't even sure if Y/n-chan dumped him?" Intervened Yamato. Tatsuki and Haruki nodded. "If anything, Akaashi-san needs to speak with Y/n-chan." Their first year added.

Konoha waved his hand towards the four. "It may be what Akaashi needs, but we don't know what Y/n needs right now. She is the victim here."

Akaashi clicked his tongue. "Stop saying it like I assaulted her, Konoha-san." He sighed.

"I didn't mean it that way." The upperclassman awkwardly chuckled, trying to lighten up Akaashi's mood. "You still made a mistake, Akaashi."

"I am very much aware of that, Konoha-san." Akaashi nodded, letting out a heavy sigh. He walked away from the group, not wanting his melancholic aura to affect them.

Konoha only looked at him, thinking of something that could lighten up his mood a bit. He's been like this for a week now. It was affecting not only the way he plays, but also their teamwork. Where was Bokuto when you needed him? Konoha made his way to Akaashi. "How about you go wait for her meeting to finish? Maybe then you could speak with her. Shouldn't the meeting come to an end now?"

Akaashi furrowed his eyebrows, his heart racing from his upperclassman's suggestion. He hadn't seen Y/n in a week — a week. Knowing her, she would have gradually gotten used to not seeing him by then. She would have poured her heart and soul into writing — he's even surprised there wasn't any shade thrown at him in this month's school paper. It was as if she completely disappeared from his life.

"I'll drop by." Akaashi mumbles, carrying his gym bag and walking out, making his way to the journalism club.

He mentally thought of Y/n's reaction when they saw one another. Would she be surprised? Happy? Mad? Shocked? He thought he knew the answer, but he didn't. Y/n wasn't the one to be blamed — Akaashi caused her pain. He'd understand if she'd want to break up with him. But if she didn't give him a chance to explain, he might just go insane.

Turning the corner to where her club room was, he took in a comfortingly deep breath, before knocking on the door. The door slides open, revealing the girl Akaashi had dreaded the most standing in front of him in an empty club room.

"Ichigo." He cleared his throat. "Where is Y/n?"

She smirked, putting her hand on his chest. "Oh? You don't know? Y/n quit the club! About time. That bitch really knew how to steal the spotlight." She rolled her eyes, pulling Akaashi in the room and closing the door behind her.

She bit her lower lip, smiling innocently. "So, are you two broken up yet?" She pouted, throwing her arms around Akaashi's neck.

He clicked his tongue, prying her arms away. "Leave me alone, Ichigo. I have no time for this."

She gasped. "What the fuck, Akaashi!? Why do you keep denying I'm attractive? We both know you want it."

She pushed Akaashi to the table, pinning him down like before. She started unbuttoning his uniform. "Ichigo I swear—"

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes, kissing his lips to shut him up.

Akaashi, not being in his right mind, felt drawn to her. He missed Y/n so much that he absentmindedly kissed back.

-

"I'll visit tomorrow, 'Tsumu. I promise." You smiled, holding your phone to your ear as you made your way to the journalism club room to retrieve some of your stuff.

He'd been worried about you. Since Suna came home to Hyogo that day, the twins sensed something was wrong. You'd been ultimately trying to avoid everyone but it didn't seem to work when it came to the twins.

"Are you sure, Y/n? I can't wait for you to be here for Spring break! You know Samu and I can just drive there, right? It'll just take an hour!" Atsumu's voice was filled with excitement and whining, desperate to see you.

You giggled. "You're so impatient, Atsumu."

Atsumu had called you right after your class, and had been staying on call since then. You were quite busy, still, seeing as you just quit your club yesterday. The school counselor told you to stop by the office after class which made you stay late in school. To be honest, you'd rather be home right now. You couldn't bear seeing Akaashi's face.

It had been a week since you two last saw each other and you intend to keep it that way. You couldn't stand the idea of seeing him again. He'd caused you a lot of pain. First, your instincts told you he was cheating on you. Even when you didn't get to discuss that with him, you felt something was deliberately wrong with him. And now you find out he was the one keeping your journal — your journal filled with entries of him and some of the most detailed yet embarrassed parts of your life.

Was this his plan all along? To manipulate you and trick you into believing he'd actually have feelings for you? You're the fool in this scenario, then. And still, despite the hurt he'd caused you, your stubborn heart still calls out to him every night. Still wants to see him smile and laugh with you. Still wants to cuddle him during rainy nights. You loved him. There was no denying that.

Finally arriving to the corner where the club room was, you laugh at Atsumu's remark, still on call with him. Your fingers lightly brush against the lock of the door, sliding the door open.

Your eyes widened in disbelief when you saw Akaashi on the table with Ichigo hovering over him — they were kissing. Your breath suddenly hitched.

Akaashi and Ichigo break their kiss, looking back at you. Ichigo had a smug smirk plastered onto her face, and Akaashi only feared the consequences of his actions. He jumped off the table, extending his shaky hand out. "Y/n, l-let me explain."

"O-on second thought, Atsumu, please pick me up immediately. You better be outside my apartment in an hour." You told Atsumu, gripping your phone near your ear. You felt a slight pain in your throat, trying so hard not to cry.

You dashed out of the room before Akaashi could even say anything. You were right.. Your were right all along. Akaashi was using you. That day when you bumped into both Akaashi and Ichigo... they were making out. God, how badly you wished your instincts were wrong.

Atsumu could hear the faint sniffles from the other end of the call. "Y/n-chan? A-are you okay?" He frowned when he heard your fast-pacing breaths.

You were breathless at this point, just running off, trying to reach the train station before Akaashi could even catch up to you. "P-please hurry and pick me up. I-I'm on my way h-home. My stuff will be ready when you guys arrive. P-please, please, Tsumu. Hurry." You croaked out.

Atsumu and Osamu dashed out of their home and to their car, with Osamu on the driver's seat.

"Don't worry, Y/n. Be safe. We're on our way."