[ 19 ] Something more

You woke up to the piercing glow of the sun's rays seeping through your bedroom window.

It had roughly been 3 weeks since you and Akaashi started dating and quite frankly it's been the best 3 weeks for you. You revealed to him your anxiety about his fangirls attacking you if they knew you two were in a relationship. He thought it was absurd that they would try to hurt you, considering he'd be with you all the time. Nevertheless he understood and agreed that you kept your relationship lowkey.

For the past 3 weeks, Akaashi has been consistent with everything he would do. He picked you up in the morning and you two would go to school together. You and Akaashi spent lunch together with Bokuto like always. And after his practice, he'd walk you to your club meeting and wait patiently for you, and then you two walked home together.

You were scared that if Akaashi kept spending time with you, he'd eventually get sick of you and leave. But never once did he make you feel that way. He'd even bring you your favorite snacks when he'd spend the night at your apartment every weekend. To others' eyes, your relationship was absolutely perfect.

Today was Fukurodani's practice match with Inarizaki High, which made you extremely nervous. Since you were part of the journalism club, you were to attend their matches and write about it for the monthly school paper. You used to have issues with this one girl back in middle school, thus the reason why you had to transfer school to Fukurodani. No complaints nor regrets, though. If you hadn't transferred schools, you wouldn't have met Akaashi.

Your phone rang, indicating that someone was calling. Your train of thoughts was broken when you saw the caller ID and smiled.

"Keiji." You happily answered the phone, finishing combing your hair. You were packing your camera equipment before heading downstairs.

"Y/n." He lightly chuckled through the phone. "I'm outsi—" before he could finish his sentence, you opened the door of your apartment to find Akaashi in his jersey and team jacket, holding his phone close to his ear. He was calling to tell you that he was outside your door, just like always.

He gave you a little smile, ending the phone call and kissing your forehead. How you loved this little actions of affection he'd show you. He never smiles to anyone, so that was your favorite thing about him since he only smiles at you. You melt through his soft kiss on your forehead, and looked up at him with a bright smile. He told you he'd come by earlier than usual, since they were to ride the bus to Inarizaki.

He frowned, getting the camera bag and sliding the strap into his arm. "I was hoping to find you asleep. I wanted to cook breakfast for you before we left."

You giggled at his adorable face, wearing your shoes and locking the door behind you before turning to him. "You're very sweet, Keiji. But I wouldn't want to be the reason why you're late. Now let's go."

-

You arrived at Inarizaki in no time, with you leading them to the volleyball gym. You entered the gym to find your old classmates, as well as your seniors.

Akaashi somehow felt uneasy, seeing as all the guys present were close with you and were very attractive, that he wouldn't deny. He tightened his grip onto the strap of your camera bag, seeing you smile at Fukurodani's opponents.

"Kita!" You exclaimed, running towards Inarizaki's captain as he smiled at you, embracing you tightly. "I missed you so much."

"We missed you here, too. Mostly Atsumu, really." He chuckled, patting your back.

You broke away from your embrace and you turned around to see the rest of the team. "Ojiro-san." You called out to the tall boy walking towards you with a smile on his face. "I say this with utmost respect, can I have your ass?"

Everyone burst into laughter, and Ojiro just rolled his eyes, chuckling, while pulling you into a tight embrace. "Seriously, Ojiro, I want your ass." your words were muffled seeing as your face was buried in Ojiro's chest.

Suddenly, the gym doors opened harshly, revealing a panting Miya Atsumu. His eyes darted towards you and Ojiro in a tight embrace, and he huffed. "My turn! That's my best friend!" He exclaimed.

Behind him came in the same boy Akaashi saw a few weeks ago who picked you up from school. He still had his usual bored expression on his face. He smacked Atsumu's head. "Not that I care, but she's my best friend." He rolled his eyes, his hands comfortably resting in his pockets. Another guy came in view, and Akaashi was sure that he was Atsumu's twin. "Come on, guys, we all know I'm her favorite."

Ojiro finally released you from his grip, and your eyes beamed when you saw your favorite trio. "'Samu! 'Tsumu! Rintarou!" You waved at them, as the three made their way to you.

At this point, Akaashi's blood was boiling. He hasn't seen you this upbeat and happy, almost ever. He still found it unfair how freely you acted towards these boys, but to him, you were shy and timid. He understood, though. Relationships take time. He wasn't one to say he could act freely around you — he was still adjusting, of course. But he loved when you were around. It's like all his problems would go away in a blink of an eye whenever he saw you. He smiled, despite feeling an unfamiliar rage of jealousy, he was happy to see you happy.

Atsumu was on his knees in front of you, his hands holding tightly onto your smaller ones and his head bowed down. "Please, for old times' sake, and for the sake of annoying the shit out of Suna, please say I'm your best friend."

Without hesitation, Suna hit the back of his head once more. "Shut up, idiot. Y/n loves me more than she does you. Not that I care." He rolled his eyes. You absolutely found it entertaining when Suna acts like he doesn't give a shit about anything that was happening around him. When in fact, he does.

Osamu sighed, his arms now crossed. "I told you already. I know for a fact Y/n would say I'm her best friend."

You smiled widely, the sight of Akaashi came into view. Your heart fluttered when you saw how bummed he look. He must be sad your attention wasn't on him. You pat on Atsumu's shoulder. "None of you are my best friends. He is." You pointed to Akaashi, who now had a bored look on his face while he stretched along with the other Fukurodani players.

The three widened their eyes at you. And that says something when it came from Suna and Osamu. "Huh? You replaced us?"

"I love the three of you," you giggled, about to walk away. "But he's... he's something more to me." You smiled involuntarily, making your way to the Fukurodani team, leaving the three dumbfounded.

The coaches then announced that it was time for their warm-ups, as you sat on the bleachers with your camera in hand.