[ 14 ] Are you that dense?

"L/n," Akaashi calls out to you, breaking the silence between the two of you.

You looked up to him shyly. This past week has been hectic, not only because of everything you had to do, but also because Akaashi was acting very weird. He'd click his tongue whenever you were near another guy, or look for a way to pull you out of your conversation with them. He even got mad at Konoha for a reason you never got to find out, and he seemed fairly annoyed whenever Kuroo would be around you. You didn't want to assume anything, but he's acting as if he's jealous.

You hummed in response, knowing that if you answered him directly, you'd stutter. "Who is bubs?" Your eyes widen at his question. Why was he asking that? Your mind wandered off to that night when you played Truth or Dare with the guys... and Rintarou happened to call you. Could Akaashi Keiji be... jealous?

You giggled. "Jealous much, Akaashi?" You smirked, inserting the key to your apartment door and opening it. "I'm home..." You softly whisper, taking off your shoes at the foyer and entering your home, with Akaashi trailing behind.

Before you could even walk to the kitchen, he lightly yet forcefully put his hand on the nape of your neck, before securing the back of your head and wall-slamming you. He stood in front of you, his metallic blue eyes staring intently at your (e/c) orbs, almost glaring. He had his arms right at the sides of your face, and his face was mere inches away from yours. Your body instantly became tense, your palms stuck to the wall. You couldn't move now - if you did, you might kiss him.

"Let me ask again," his voice was now low and husky, sounding more demanding than his usual tone of voice. "Who's bubs?"

You really didn't take Akaashi for the possessive type. Was this possessive? Or was he just looking out for you? This can't be in a friendly way. A friend wouldn't bring his face this close to yours while he kabedoned you, right? Suna Rintarou definitely wouldn't do this. So... maybe you weren't a friend to Akaashi?

"It's cute when you get all flushed, L/n." He smirks, caressing your cheek, breaking your train of thought. "But I want an answer."

"What is it to you anyway, Akaashi? You've been acting weird this past week." You pursed your lips, squinting your eyes and furrowing your brows at him. You couldn't deny he was very attractive. And him doing this to you only brought you back to your lewd dreams and thoughts of him. Pervert... You mentally shake your head at yourself for having such thoughts. "Did I do something wrong to... upset you? In any way?"

He pulled his body away from you, but then takes hold of your chin, making you look up at him. "Are you really that dense, L/n?" His eyebrows furrowed, not breaking eye-contact with you. "Have I not shown how much I care about you?" Maybe even a little too much, he thought.

Your face only showed pure confusion. He wasn't sure whether you were playing dumb, or you actually weren't aware of his feelings. He lets go of his hold on your chin, taking a step back and away from you, while his hand snaked its way in his jean pocket, with the other running it through his hair. You were about to say something when he beat you to it.

"Never mind." He sighed disappointingly. Maybe he was right. He was too late for you. You seemed to hit it off with Kuroo; and if you didn't like Kuroo, there was still a chance you were in a secret relationship with that Buttercup-looking tall guy who picked you up a week ago.

He turned his back on you, walking back to the foyer and wearing his shoes. "I'll see you in school on Monday." He whispered, barely making it audible but you understood him anyway. And with that, he left.

'See you in school...' does that mean you two won't ride the train together? It was pretty evident that Akaashi wasn't himself. Something's driving him to be so unlike him. It worried you, but it irritated Akaashi; how extremely blind you are. How can someone as smart as you be so dense? Guess it was different for you and Akaashi, then.

Akaashi walked hurriedly down the sidewalk. The night was getting colder. Now that he thought about it, he should've stayed over. Walking home at this time of night was a bad idea. But it didn't bother him. He had you on his mind. Thinking of you made him feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. But owing to what had happened, he tried not to think of you. It hurt him - he tried his best to show you how much he cared for you; he was even close to confessing today. But the way you reacted to everything he did was one he didn't expect. He'd do something sweet for you, but you would just brush it off. He was even being real obvious that he was jealous and yet, you didn't do anything.

Agh, who was he kidding? You two weren't in a relationship.

He got his phone out of his pocket, quickly dialing Bokuto's number.

"Akaashi! Why are you calling so late! Are you at-"

"I think I'm done, Bokuto-san." Akaashi cut him off quickly, his now blunt self coming back.

Bokuto scratched the back of his head, wondering what Akaashi meant when he said he was 'done.' Before he could even say anything, Akaashi continued.

"I'm done trying to get her."