[ 18 ] Selfish

"Y/n-chan, you're not paying attention!" Bokuto whined.

You sat beside Bokuto, your mind completely and utterly out of this world as you thought back to the events of last night.

"Please, be mine already." Akaashi's voice came out as a whisper. More of a pleading tone than a hopeful one.

Your eyes locked with his once more, and you smiled. "Idiot, I'm already yours."

You spent the rest of the night playing board games and eventually falling asleep on the couch in each other's arms.

You smiled at the thought, and Bokuto swore he saw hearts form in your eyes. He grinned. "What's gotten you so happy? Did you dream of Akaashi again?" He wiggled his eyebrow, referring to that day you dreamt of lewd dreams of Akaashi.

Your mind finally got back to Earth when Bokuto said that. A blush made its way to your cheeks, as you continued stuffing your mouth with your food. "That'sh highly inappropriate, Bokuto-shan." You said with your mouth full.

Bokuto laughed. "So you did." He teased, which caused you to choke.

"She did what, Bokuto-san?" His oh-so familiar voice came within ear-shot. You turned around to see Akaashi's metallic blue eyes looking directly into Bokuto's, his usual bored look plastered onto his face as he took a seat beside you. He snaked his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him and he gave you his water bottle.

You looked at him with a confused face. "Drink it." Akaashi furrowed his eyebrows. For a second, you forgot you were literally choking. You drank from his water bottle which made him blush slightly. He recalled the events from last night.

"Did something happen with you two?" Bokuto eyes you and Akaashi suspiciously, as you gave Akaashi his water bottle. Bokuto gasped. "Did you... fuck?"

You widened your eyes in both shock and embarrassment. "N-no!" You exclaimed, furrowing your eyebrows. "And that is literally so inappropriate of you to think!"

"What's so inappropriate about it, Y/n?" Akaashi lowly chuckles, his thumb caressing your waist. He smirked when he saw hues of pink on your cheeks. "Aren't we going to do that, soon?" He lowered his face to your ear, whispering those last few words.

A lump made its way up your throat and prevented you from talking further more. You closed your eyes shut, resting your forehead on the table, trying to avoid Akaashi's gaze that will surely pull you in.

"But seriously, guys, did something happen between you two? You seem... closer." You could feel Bokuto's smirk. If that was even possible.

Akaashi proudly gave Bokuto a lop-sided smile. "Y/n's my girlfriend, Bokuto-san."

As if on cue, the bell rang, indicating the end of their lunch break. You quickly packed your bento box and put it in your bag before saying your goodbyes and dashing out the cafeteria.

Akaashi only felt his heart melt at how adorable you are. He chuckled.

-

You sat on the bleachers of the gym, waiting for Akaashi and Bokuto to finish their daily afternoon practice while on your laptop editing a few photos before heading to your journalism club's meeting.

You found it unnecessary to stay in the gym. You usually just stayed outside on the bench, but Bokuto insisted for you to stay on the bleachers and watch your boyfriend.

Boyfriend. You smiled at the thought. Akaashi Keiji was now your boyfriend. A year ago, you believed that you'd just stare at him from afar and admired him until you graduated. But now... Akaashi Keiji was now your boyfriend. Despite how many times you repeat that in your head, you still couldn't believe it.

Akaashi Keiji, the heartthrob setter of Fukurodani's boys' volleyball club, was your boyfriend. Who would've believed that?

Ah, shit.

Yes.

Now the drama would happen.

Now that you were his girlfriend, you were pretty positive that a girl would go berserk at you out of extreme jealousy. What if keeping your relationship lowkey was best? Then again you were sure his "fangirls" would catch up to you and him always being together.

You sighed. Being drowned in your thoughts, you didn't notice Akaashi walking up to you with a worried expression plastered onto his face. He put a hand on your shoulder, startling you. "Is there something wrong, Y/n?"

Your heart fluttered by how Akaashi had said your name. Coming from him, your name sounded as sweet as honey and nectar. It was new to you, still. You wouldn't even call him Keiji unless he straightforwardly tells you to.

You gave him a reassuring smile. "Everything's great, Akaashi."

He pouted, seeing as you were still being so formal by saying his last name instead of his first name, or any form of endearment. You two were dating, after all. He found it cheesy how you were shy about calling him by his first name. He kissed your forehead. "Call me Keiji, Y/n. You're my girlfriend. Only you get to call me that."

You let out a lighthearted giggle, making Akaashi's stomach turn into a knot. How he loved hearing your voice. He wondered what other sounds would come out of your sweet mouth. "Okay, Keiji." You took his towel that was draped around his neck, and wiped away the sweat from his forehead.

"H-hey! I want that, too! Wipe my sweat for me, Y/n-chan!" Bokuto pouted, witnessing the cute moment between you and his best friend and feeling a tad bit jealous.

"Bokuto-san, I will not set the ball to you if you continue to talk to my girlfriend that way." Akaashi suddenly deadpanned, shifting his gaze from yours to a pouting Bokuto.

Bokuto huffed, sluggardly walking away. You playfully hit Akaashi's chest. "It's alright, Keiji. You know how Bokuto is when he goes to his emo-mode. You wouldn't want him to be like that during the games, right?"

"I don't care. You're mine." Akaashi rolled his eyes, grabbing your stuff and putting it in your bag as he held it for you. He looked back at you, seeing your eyebrows furrow in, what he believed, worry. He sighed. "Is it selfish to say I want you all to myself?"

Your expression changed from worry to a sheepish smile. You worried that you might be in the hands of someone possessive, it turns out he just wanted your attention all to himself. It was understandable. You knew a thing or two about his family, and how he feels rejected by them.

You planted a small kiss on his forehead. "I'm all yours, Keiji. You don't have to act possessive so much."

"Does that include your kisses, Y/n?" He pouted.

You giggled, as the two of you made your way to your club meeting. "Yes, Keiji. All my kisses are reserved for you."